Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant M1938 7.62x54R Limited Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin-Actual View Post
    Glad I am not the only one with this issue. Took my woman out for dinner. oh #### right CC was pre authorized to these guys...good news she paid.
    well what the heck are you complaining about!? you got a free dinner from them!!

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    The pre Auth part of the site only takes place once you enter in your card and submit it. If you do not enter in your card and submit it, there is no pre-auth done.

Something rather expensive was still in my cart from over a year ago... I put in the cc info for ordering an m38 and some ammo and went to finalize then BAM! $6000 preauthorization on my cc. Noticed the old item (out of stock even) in my cart at this time and deleted it from the cart. I still have a $6000 hold on my card. Awesome. Would be even better if I had tried to make an emergency purchase over the weekend and hadn't noticed the $6000 missing from my available credit...
    When will this hold be lifted?

Bad policy
    Nothing to do with policy. A computer program operates in a way in that what you tell it to do it will. If you have $6000.00 in your cart and you check out without removing the larger items it will authorize exactly what what is in your cart. If you do not want to $6000 worth of items you just remove them from your cart before check out.

Get through order process, put all my info in, credit card approved, think oh I should add a trigger lock. click review cart go add lock card decli declined..wtf go again wtf check online banking credit card has the exact ammount missing from the card that my order would cost. Way to do business pre authorize cards before the order is complete. I think I will pay the extra $15 to buy one from sfrc.
    If you card is declined and the money is missing it has nothing to do with us. When your issuing bank sends back a declined notice, we cannot even pull funds. When they decline the transaction and then put a hold on the funds that is something you need to talk to them about because they are the ones who declined it and still placed a hold.

At this point you will need to buy from SFRC or anyone you can who will sell you a 1938 fast, we are sold out now (and Im sure Ryans will only last a couple days). The only source in the near future who has talked about getting some in, is 6 weeks away. The price they are offering them for will put the retail up around $370.00+ and there is only a fraction of what we got last time. After that im sure there will be some good deals on EE for $550.00 M1938s.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 12-16-2013 at 11:06 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charles u farley View Post
    Something rather expensive was still in my cart from over a year ago... I put in the cc info for ordering an m38 and some ammo and went to finalize then BAM! $6000 preauthorization on my cc. Noticed the old item (out of stock even) in my cart at this time and deleted it from the cart. I still have a $6000 hold on my card. Awesome. Would be even better if I had tried to make an emergency purchase over the weekend and hadn't noticed the $6000 missing from my available credit...
    When will this hold be lifted?

Bad policy.
    Sounds like someone was yelling "take my money" and clicking the mouse too fast to check over his order.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Well, everyone is really excited, guess people go to quick in checking out. I can't wait for these to ship, and hope I get one with a M38 stock on it too!

Frontier, I know you originally said shipping late DEC, but then said might be shipping a bit earlier. Do you have a rough guess on when these bad boys will be going out?

Thanks! Can't wait for my order to come in (order 100019431)
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

CGN Regular
    That is all well and good, but you are still preauthorize the money before the transaction is complete. It has nothing to do with me it has to do with the site being broken, by per authorizing the amount before the order is submitted. Why not just do it like everyone else and take the one when you click 'Place Order". Visa said you charged me anyway lol so, opening a dispute. What a farce with technology, no hard feelings just good old snafu.

The software works as it was designed as per the requirements of the Merchant processer, there is nothing broken. When you take your shopping cart to the till in Safeway, do you leave the jar of peanut butter in the cart that you do not want, tally up the bill, swipe your card, then say after "oh wait I did not finalize this purchase"?

When you enter in your card and authorize it, your bank holds the funds until we capture them. You can dispute until you are blue in the face, but right now, your credit card funds are been held by your bank. Its is simple, when you have items in your cart you do not want, dont go through the check out and enter your card. Take the items out first.

The reason you must authorize your card before we charge it is because there is a large number of people out there who think they can "trick the system" with ecom gun stores and get a gun without a licence. We do not capture any funds until we know for sure that the person does have a PAL.

You would be suprised to know that many (including some on this site) ecom gun stores are operating in violation of their terms with their merchant providers in selling firearms through the internet. They are one investigation away from having their merchant account closed and all funds in transit held for 6-12 months. We see posts about this happening every few months (almost every store I know of have had to deal with this at some point), and we have also had to deal with this before until things were finally set up properly.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 12-16-2013 at 10:30 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    The software works as it was designed as per the requirements of the Merchant processer, there is nothing broken. When you take your shopping cart to the till in Safeway, do you leave the jar of peanut butter in the cart that you do not want, tally up the bill, swipe your card, then say after "oh wait I did not finalize this purchase"?

When you enter in your card and authorize it, your bank holds the funds until we capture them. You can dispute until you are blue in the face, but right now, your credit card funds are been held by your bank. Its is simple, when you have items in your cart you do not want, dont go through the check out and enter your card. Take the items out first.
    The cart system added an old item when I logged in during the checkout process. I didn't notice the (text only) total amount had changed when I entered my cc info in the payment step. I had just seen a nice list with the correct items and pictures of them and the correct total before logging in and entering the cc info.

I missed the total changing when I logged in, I'll own that. Either way, I have only 1 order number for the correct amount $425. The other authorization for $6000 didn't create an order number. Seems to be a hole in the system there if it will authorize a card as if the order was intended to be complete as you say and not generate an order number for the retailer to fill. I didn't get my second "cart of groceries" after showing up at the checkout twice and swiping card twice. The $5500 item is not even available or on your site anymore it seems.

BTW the confusion seems to come from the way your system is laid out. On every other retailer's online cart system I can remember using you confirm or finalize your order as a separate step after entering the payment info. The order can be modified right up to this confirmation point. You have an order review step but it is too late then to make changes, the card is already charged - except it seems to let you back up and modify.

Whatever. I'll pay off last months cc bill as usual and have some available balance again while I wait for the hold to time out. I just don't care anymore.

The reason that it is this way is because Magento software will not allow a declined card to generate an order number, thats why the last 2 steps are Authorize and then place order. The other feature is that once something is added into your cart it stays in until taken out. It is something that can be disabled, however half of shoppers add items and come back another day to buy them. If they are buying multiple items and smaller things, they do not like having to search through them again. In your case it looks like you added an item when you were logged in previous months. When you added another item before logging in, it remembered the previous item.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am just wondering if I got in on the second order in time. My order number is 100019522.

Thanks

Yea enough fighting about the billing system/shopping cart. #### happens. Let's move on. The more time Frontier spends on here debating the issue, the less time they spend in the warehouse packing up my rifle.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    "Some oppose registration of guns or licensing of gun owners because if captured, the associated records would provide military invaders with the locations and identities of gun owners, simplifying elimination of law-abiding (i.e. patriotic) resistance fighters. Location and capture of such records is a standard doctrine taught to military intelligence officers; and was widely practiced by German and Soviet troops during World War II."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast