Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Mosin Nagant M1938 7.62x54R Limited Supply

Got mine today! Happy New Years present to myself. New Years presents are a thing right? Lol. Seems to be in good shape! 1943, I think it's dressed in a m44 stock, (had a bayonet cut in the right side). For $240 I can't really complain!
    Thanks frontier !

Got mine today too, very nice shape. Came with the standard tools and a Russian book, no sling. Even came in a box with Russian writing on it.

CSSA member since 2011. CCFR member since Apr. 2016
    check my Youtube videos out at http://www.youtube.com/user/dakotamar

Just got mine and pretty disappointed. Anyone else's groves rusted end to end?

My bore is pretty dark, and i can't seem to get it to come out clean, still looks like there are little bits of things in it. With that said, I shot about 60 rounds out of it yesterday and it still shot well. It was to the right but I can get that fixed.

Just scrub a lot and it will probably get better.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfslayer View Post
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    That is typical of all the Mosins. How bad? Is it just the grooves? Is it just dark grooves or actual orange rust and pitting? It could also be copper fouling. I wouldn't give up with just a cursory examination.

Quote Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
    That is typical of all the Mosins. How bad? Is it just the grooves? Is it just dark grooves or actual orange rust and pitting? It could also be copper fouling. I wouldn't give up with just a cursory examination.
    Its orange rust and just the grooves

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Its orange rust
    Remember these have probably been stored for decades. Orange surface rust is usually just from condensation from storage. Did you try some kind of ammonia/cleaner down the bore followed by a good cleaning?
    A picture of it would help too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    New shipment is confirmed now for some time in January. We were advised that there will be laminates coming in as well.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I got a 43 Izhevsk in a beautiful M44 stock. Bore is very good, as is the metal. Buttplate and floorplate mismatched and re-numbered. Not a problem for me. I love this rifle. Thanks!
    Last edited by davemccarthy707; 01-07-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678