Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Training Schedule

any words on the 2014 dates, would love to get booked in for Tactical Rifle 1
    Member of CSSA
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana
    TAP, RACK, BANG

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA1 View Post
    Hi TDSA,

I responded, asking the above questions, because your said promotional material (web page) stated that we could ask questions. Therefore as a potential student / client, I needed to establish what your training approach (Application, usefulness, suitability to real life or only for showmanship, sport shooting, etc. ) was, before I invested my time and money into it, or waste you time by being unhappy.

I have tried the shotgun reloading technique demonstrated in you shotgun video-section (of 3 years ago as per your comments) about 3 three decades ago, and discarded it. I knew very little at the time, but realised that it was important enough to become ambidextrous, so at that stage I started brushing my hair and teeth with my left hand, shave left handed, etc., so perhaps that is why I feel comfortable maintaining a strong hand grip on a shotgun, SA rifle and a SA pistol while reloading. But then I have long ago also realised that I am not the norm, so please do not feel or be offended by my point of view or way of life. I have carried a defensive handgun on a DAILY basis, as a concerned civilian, for more than 30 years, and have owned and used a defensive shotgun for more 2 decades, and I have never been drunk/intoxicated. I have never cheated on my wife, do not believe in fate, angels or fairies, honest politicians, etc., and treat my training as religious. So you are welcome to just brush aside my comments as nonsensical. It is after all just my humble opinion, my belief, of what is right and wrong. I have no need to convert you or anybody else to my belief.

I wish you well in your training ventures, but I personally, after the above issues, shall not pursue it any further.

RSA1
    Don't worry, we are not offended.

Have a good day.

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by tdsacanada View Post
    Hey there,

It is unlikely we will be hosting any courses at Silverdale, we will likely hold all of our courses at the Hamilton Hunting and Angling Association. It's only about 63km from Silverdale and we provide supplemental ATT letters to non-HAHA members so they can bring their restricted firearms to the course.

Thanks.
    Is this for real...no more Silverdale at all...???

On another note, Silverdale staff members said that you can do one-on-one training for all your available courses, is that true?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magdump View Post
    any words on the 2014 dates, would love to get booked in for Tactical Rifle 1
    We hope to have them posted this week. Thanks!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha niner View Post
    Is this for real...no more Silverdale at all...???

On another note, Silverdale staff members said that you can do one-on-one training for all your available courses, is that true?
    Yep, that's correct. It's unlikely we will hold courses at Silverdale this year, or again in the future. We have found great partners in the Hamilton Angling and Hunting Association, they really appreciate our school and are eager to help host our courses. It's been a very positive experience.

Yes, we do one on one training for the courses listed on the site or any combination of skills you'd like instruction on.

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by tdsacanada View Post
    Yep, that's correct. It's unlikely we will hold courses at Silverdale this year, or again in the future. We have found great partners in the Hamilton Angling and Hunting Association, they really appreciate our school and are eager to help host our courses. It's been a very positive experience.

Yes, we do one on one training for the courses listed on the site or any combination of skills you'd like instruction on.
    That is great news knowing that a strong relationship between TDSA and HAHA has been created at the same time sad that you have lost Silverdale. Also awesome news about the one-on-one which I would like to take full advantage of when the time is right as doing shift work is never easy. Thanks again for the info.

any updates on dates yet?
    Member of CSSA
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana
    TAP, RACK, BANG

I also have a quick, possibly stupid question. Myself and two buddies are looking at doing the various courses...pistol, tac rifle or precision rifle. However, we all don't have each one of those categories of firearm. I am assuming we can't share firearms while on a given course...are there any other options other than purchasing a new firearm?

Thanks!
    "Life is too short to suffer fools".

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magdump View Post
    any updates on dates yet?
    Hey,

This has taken a bit longer than expected. First, we have to pick dates that work for the school, and then adjust them to other things that are going on at HAHA. Then we need to get them approved by the (HAHA) board of directors.

We expect this to happen Wednesday night so we can have the schedule up on Thursday morning (Feb 13th).

Thanks.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MLanteigne View Post
    I also have a quick, possibly stupid question. Myself and two buddies are looking at doing the various courses...pistol, tac rifle or precision rifle. However, we all don't have each one of those categories of firearm. I am assuming we can't share firearms while on a given course...are there any other options other than purchasing a new firearm?

Thanks!
    Unfortunately sharing won't work as you'll need to be shooting at the same time.

Send me an email: travis@tdsacanada.com, depending on what you need some instructors in the past have loaned gear to students.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast