Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 110 round drum for 10/22.....

I tried literally everything, 6 different types of ammo, tried a little oil to loosen things up, then I tried oiling the hell out of it, any method I could find online I tried to no avail. Do not even know how well it feeds b/c I still have yet to successfully load it! let alone shoot the damn thing.

If anyone is on the fence about buying this, at this time, I suggest taking bluearmy's advice, never had any problems with a good old bc 25 rounder'...

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    There are a couple threads on this, loading it takes practice but once you figure it out it goes easy also use a non-wax coated ammo and they seem to function flawless according to all those guys.

Ah damn hopefully someone can chime in who's had success with these mags then, that was going to be my next purchase

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm sure you are...but are remembering to crank the wheel with your thumb at the same time you push down with the top (next) round? And occassionally give the unit a gentle shake? Also,have the drum tipped so that the nose of the rounds point up, as you load them. Up and to the right, about 20 degrees is what I do...

I almost feel guilty...but so far mine has worked quite well....

Quote Originally Posted by baD mR fRosTy View Post
    I'm sure you are...but are remembering to crank the wheel with your thumb at the same time you push down with the top (next) round? And occassionally give the unit a gentle shake? Also,have the drum tipped so that the nose of the rounds point up, as you load them. Up and to the right, about 20 degrees is what I do...

I almost feel guilty...but so far mine has worked quite well....
    what kind of ammo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluearmy View Post
    had 1 in my hand today glad I put it back for 4, 25 round clips.
    Good idea, I use a 25 & 30 round mag, both work well, and are a lot lighter to carry than the drum mag.

I bought one of those GSG 110 round mags and sold it to a friend. He ran it once when loaded to 75 or 80 rounds and it worked fine. Hasn't mentioned anything after that. I'll have to ask him if he's used it after that.

And with federal ammo by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    Ah damn hopefully someone can chime in who's had success with these mags then, that was going to be my next purchase
    well I got a better idea if your really set on buying it,

step 1, Grab your favorite shotgun
    step 2, tape $100 to a clay pigeon
    step3, shoot it, repeatedly, until no trace of your money, the pigeon or your sanity is present

trust me, you'll waste the same amount of money, and will be 1000 times more entertaining

CGN frequent flyer
    I use federal bulk

maybe an instructional video on how to load would help, I am positive I am not doing anything wrong but I guess there could be a very, very slim chance I am doing something wrong, in which case the directions that come with it are incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by baD mR fRosTy View Post
    I use federal bulk
    I was hoping you were not going to say that, I tried that first
    the rem viper
    then rem hornet
    then wildcat
    then Fed Match ammo
    even some cci (I know you are not suppose to use wax ammo but I was getting desperate lol)

I just want this thing to work so badly, been following the thread about them for 6 months at least, and now, honestly, I am crushed. Bought a new 1022 just for the drum and If the next magazine I get doesn't work, not only am I going to be out a 110 round drum, but ill have a non returnable 1022 that I just don't want without the drum.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast