Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 110 round drum for 10/22.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    I have no problems loading it the trick is to only turn it enough that the round barely slides in push it down with the round not by turning it the whole way just enough room to cram it in that seems to be the sweet spot for loading it. Once you find that sweet spot loading it is easy just takes a while and you get allot of practice loading in 110 rounds at a time. Then let it go all the way up at the end then repeat.

Mine aint the " canada approved" that took years to get hear but it works fine with federal bulk
    RIP LGR

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip4Play View Post
    very interested to see what bluelines' opinion is on this matter..
    Same here.. lol

I don't get it, people either love or hate blue line. I remember people jumping on them when they blew out their stripped lowers. I guess some had issues. I have one and a gsg drum. both work flawless. I do however hate their website FWIW.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    I have no problems loading it the trick is to only turn it enough that the round barely slides in push it down with the round not by turning it the whole way just enough room to cram it in that seems to be the sweet spot for loading it. Once you find that sweet spot loading it is easy just takes a while and you get allot of practice loading in 110 rounds at a time. Then let it go all the way up at the end then repeat.
    Yes, that's sounds right...don't turn the wheel enough to "make room" for the round...just turn it enough to START to make room for it, and then push the round down in - it's a balance.

A couple times I have had to start again before I got to 10 rounds...I just shook them all out. It gets easier after about 15-20 rounds....

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip4Play View Post
    maybe an instructional video on how to load would help, I am positive I am not doing anything wrong but I guess there could be a very, very slim chance I am doing something wrong, in which case the directions that come with it are incorrect
    It sucks that yours is not working right. I have had terrible luck with the aa922 mags...0/3 so far....for 6 months I left my 10/22 nomad at home, disgusted with it, all because of the mags!
    All I can say is that it's a matter of balancing turning the wheel with the little thumb plates on the back, and at the same time pushing down the round. You want to always be pushing down on the round - turning the wheel just "helps" it go down. Don't turn the wheel too far so that the round just falls down into the mag - if that happens, I kinda shake it until it comes back up...sometimes it even falls out.

I might try to make a crude video, and see if there is something I am doing that you're missing. As usual, the directions DO kinda suck.
    I am on youtube already firing with this mag...I'll see if I can make a loading video that doesn't suck, to go with it...

BANNED
    I've stayed away from the 10/22 drum mags. The 50 rounds are junk. I guessed that the 110 rounds would have the same issues. Guess I was right. I have the street sweeper am-180 drum mag from my SU-22 so I'm not new to drum mags! However mine holds 275 rounds but is way more expensive. It does work flawlessly. Happy happy!
    I went the 50 round BX25x2 mags. Being from ruger, it works just as well as the ten round mags.

I just got the GSG 110RND today, not from blueline though, and while I haven't shot with it, I have no problems loading it. I got 110 rounds in with no big issues once I figured out how it was done, and then I emptied them all out again.

I hope it shoots as well as the youtube videos and other threads suggest.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I bet you get sore thumbs filling that drum .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Mine aint the " canada approved" that took years to get hear but it works fine...
    Same here. It took a bit of practice to get the swing of loading it, but I have 2 of them now, and no problems at all. Mag dumped them both a half dozen times so far, no jams or stovepipes... Run way better than Butler Creek steel lips or those garbage HC3R mags I hate so very, very much.

Bit of patience and practice loading, and you should be fine.

For what it's worth: The ONLY thing I run through my 10/22 are CCI Mini Mags, the infamous "waxed" rounds. I did a bunch of grouping with my 10/22, and I get by far and away the best results with that ammo, even vs. Federal HV Match. Every barrel is different, so I keep a smorgasbord of ammo for grouping when I break out a new plinker. And that's all I run through the GSG mag, and just no issues at all. I think 1 stovepipe out of a dozen mag dumps so far.

HOWEVER, I handed it to a buddy at the range one day, and it took him about 30 seconds to cartwheel a round down the neck and jam it up royally. From which I learned two things:

1. Don't back the spring off too much, just take enough pressure off it to make it easier to push the next round it. He'd completely wound the spring back good enough for a dozen rounds and taken all the pressure off it, allowing the round to pinwheel down the neck.

2. That particular buddy doesn't get to borrow anything boomstick related from me anymore. Except maybe my Mosin, because that would be hard to screw up. Heck, afterwards, I looked at his SKS he was having trouble with, and there was a half pound of rust in the barrel and gas block. He actually believed it when someone told him SKS's don't need cleaning, and then proceeded to run surplus corrosive through it all summer without once breaking it down for a cleaning.

Your Mileage May Vary. I'm just another internet forum crank.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast