Thread: Put useful info in your Title, newbies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grouse Man's Avatar

Put useful info in your Title, newbies

This suggestion may help out as a means of having the old hands 'target' some of the new people. May I suggest a few examples, which we may fine a bit more descriptive than just "Hi, new here." We already know you're new here, that's why you're posting in the Intro section. But give us a bit of info about yourself in the Title and we may be able to get people hooked up a little faster.

For example,

Long-time SE Ont duck hunter

New to trapshooting, Regina

Need a shooting mentor near Montreal

20-yr RCMP SWAT, moved to Brandon

Blackpowder collector, Edmonton

Have Spear, Will Defend Against Bears

Just a thought, nice to meet & greet you folks. And as others have said, this really is the best gun-related source on the net.

could I also suggest that people go into their profiles and update their location.

because sooner or later your going to want help and forget to post where your from. It also makes buying and selling easier
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pitdogboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse Man

Best quote ever! BC represented!

Great post btw..It really helps as we in Van (and all of Canada). do noobie days here and there. If you let everyone know where you are all the better. Knowledge is power after all...
    Last edited by pitdogboy; 09-07-2006 at 10:13 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer m0nkyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodchopper
    could I also suggest that people go into their profiles and update their location.

because sooner or later your going to want help and forget to post where your from. It also makes buying and selling easier
    X2
    The inevitable, "How do I get my ATT?" gets very different answers if your profile says Ont or Quebec, vs the western provinces.
    "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution."~Emma Goldman
    “If you stick a knife nine inches into my back and pull it out three inches, that is not progress.”~Malcolm X
    "Talk - Action = Zero" ~DOA

Even for us long timers

When your on 18 kbps dial up and the headings in the EE are something like,"WANTED" or"FS" or my favorite"LOOKING FOR". Man that one extra word wouldnt hurt

The more we know, the more we can help.

Coffee, keyboard, aaaaaaaargh!!!!!