A1A Enfield's

The. 7.62x39 ones came via the UK iirc. They weren't intended for our market.
I can give you definitive production numbers in a bit. Have to look something up.

Suffice it to say, just about everyone in NA screwed AIA especially the states.
One reviewer was pissed at not receiving a free tester, so when he got one, he panned it.
Lemmings listened.
It's an old story.

I think AIA sent 500 rifles to the states and never got paid, a big hit for any company, much less a small one like AIA. I can totally see why they are only focusing on the domestic market in Australia after an ordeal like that.

As to a certain individual who never got a free rifle to test, he just comes off as sour grapes and a crybaby. I don't think he ever actually got a rifle, paid for or not, his opinion of AIA and their product is all spin and vitriol; no substance. If these guns were so bad there wouldn't be the demand for them that there is.

If a Canadian metal shop was smart, they could make a mint stamping out mags for the AIA. There's at least one company that's entire business is putting out mags for .50 Beowulf. It's amazing how the what, 3, maybe 4 people in the country who have ARs chambered in .50 Beowulf seem to be consuming thousands of mags, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact the mags just happen to let you run 15 rounds of .223 in anything with a STANAG compliant lower.

With the AIA mags, you would see exactly the same thing. The few lucky bums who got one of the rifles would get access to spare mags, and I'm sure no one with an M14 would stockpile 10 round, perfectly legal, mags. I mean, who could possibly want more than 5 rounds in a semi-auto battle rifle? That would be silly, totally non-Canadian.

I missed the boat as well on those rifles. I am tryng to figure out why no one has made such an attempt in Canada to duplicate one. I LOVE the look of each of them and the fact that they use readily avail ammo is a major plus. I have been hoping that they would come back someday...maybe... but $1300 on a Ruger #1 in .303 and the wife may balk a little on another $1300 for a "look alike" but who cares... I'll just sell one of the others, I guess.

This goes back to the same statement at the beginning..... This is an advertised rifle still on the website, but sold out. They say (by the website) they have AIA Magazines "In Stock" for $69.00.
Marstar, heading products, New.....AI Magazine-10 round-308

Sadly, today best used as a reference to how much they cost when they were available.
If we ever see them again, they will be quite a bit more to buy, if only for the rise of the Au $.

This goes back to the same statement at the beginning..... This is an advertised rifle still on the website, but sold out. They say (by the website) they have AIA Magazines "In Stock" for $69.00.

Australian International Arms = AIA

Accuracy International = AI

Marstar is advertising for Accuracy International mags NOT AIA!

Like many people I really wanted one when they came out. Never got it together though. Seems to me if you could make one affordable -- $6-700 -- you could sell quite a few to the civi market. Given the popularity of the Norc M-14 copies a replica of a bolt- battle rifle could sell quite well.

The kumpany is kaput

Not so! The company still operates in Australia and sells all of their production there.

AIA tried to break in to the US market about a decade ago but got badly screwed so they basically abandoned the North American market.

I notice people trying to sell AIA mags for $200. They are still available in Oz and don't cost $200!

The. 7.62x39 ones came via the UK iirc. They weren't intended for our market.
I can give you definitive production numbers in a bit. Have to look something up.

Suffice it to say, just about everyone in NA screwed AIA especially the states.
One reviewer was pissed at not receiving a free tester, so when he got one, he panned it.
Lemmings listened.
It's an old story.

The 7.62X39 rifles came from the USA and according to AIA they never were paid for them. The story gets pretty interesting and was told by a employee of AIA they will never sell to the US ever again. I think you are right they originally were in the US via the UK? Have seen a few guys in the US have them and enjoy them, like I do.

From what I know the guy that slagged them never did get his hands on a rifle so how he could say what he did is a mystery to all involved.

The principal of AIA was in Canada last fall, couldn't get to see him as notice of where he would be came too late for me, too bad as it would have been good to have a visit.

As stated before the AI mags that Marstar has DO NOT FIT THE M-305 [ M-14 ] but they DO fit the RUGER GUNSIGHT SCOUT!

WHERE does it say we have AIA mags @ $69.oo
John

Sorry, miss read it, the AI mags that were advertised, as stated above, they don't fit 305.

All good, no worries.

What started this post, that AIA M10 No.4 MK IV SMLE looks like a cool rifle, if it was still available for that price. But as the conversion has been said. Nope!

I would love to get my hands on one. Especially in 7.62X39. I have a couple of friends that would also want one. Totally missed my opportunity with the ones that came in. I hope that AIA does sell to Canada again someday. That would be fantastic!

I would love to get my hands on one. Especially in 7.62X39. I have a couple of friends that would also want one. Totally missed my opportunity with the ones that came in. I hope that AIA does sell to Canada again someday. That would be fantastic!

They will sell to Canada, it is simply a matter of the prices now being way too high
John

Back
Top Bottom