Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Good morning,

Unfortunately, we will not be importing SA product until the RCMP has made a decision on the status of the rifles and carbines.

Regards,
    MDC
    has the RCMP given you any updates or could this be an indefinate thing?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    This might just be what the RCMP wanted, they couldn't ban the swiss arms, but we can not buy them either. Of course I'm just speculating here.
    the RCMP seized a shipment of 858 in the past didn't they? The swiss arms may suffer the same fate if a new shippment were to arrive with the status investigation still underway
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    This might just be what the RCMP wanted, they couldn't ban the swiss arms, but we can not buy them either. Of course I'm just speculating here.
    The swiss arms is one of the "evil black" rifles that satan himself unleashed.... lol.

Absolutely no doubt about it. The RCMP would love nothing less then to have every semi auto deemed "evil" and prohibited to own by anyone else except themselves or other law enforcment. Then they would go after bolt action "sniper" rifles next. Unfortunately Canadians have no "right to bear arms" only the privilege to own. Just look at what happened in Australia! Getting the long gun registry eliminated was a huge win for firearms owners. Now the RCMP is pouting and trying their best to slowly chip away around the edges until they reach their agenda.

Sorry about ranting but its so obvious what they're up too with these games.... Our tax dollars hard at work.
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    has the RCMP given you any updates or could this be an indefinate thing?
    No updates for some time now. We have no idea as to what the RCMP is going to determine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    the RCMP seized a shipment of 858 in the past didn't they? The swiss arms may suffer the same fate if a new shippment were to arrive with the status investigation still underway
    A shipment of 858's was seized.

Our concerns are two-fold: seizure by CBSA, and/or having a large quantity of unsaleable inventory should the rifles reclassify.

This has been a difficult decision to make, as we are shooters here at MDC, and hate to see one of the best NR rifles in Canada unavailable.

Hopefully we will have good news in the future.

Regards,
    Adam
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Have you been in contact with the RCMP and kept the pressure on them?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    No updates for some time now. We have no idea as to what the RCMP is going to determine.

A shipment of 858's was seized.

Our concerns are two-fold: seizure by CBSA, and/or having a large quantity of unsaleable inventory should the rifles reclassify.

This has been a difficult decision to make, as we are shooters here at MDC, and hate to see one of the best NR rifles in Canada unavailable.

Hopefully we will have good news in the future.

Regards,
    Adam
    Why not order just one? That way the liability is low and it tests the various theories of what the RCMP may do.....

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    Have you been in contact with the RCMP and kept the pressure on them?
    We keep in contact with the RCMP, but are by no means pressuring them to make a decision.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Is there any chance of seeing the "Heavy Metal" version from them ever again? (this was from back when they had the blue star and red devil versions) Do they do custom orders?

I'm going to paint mine up to look like a Toblerone box.

Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock! IBTL