Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new old guy

new old guy

Looks like i have found right site re. all things hunting plus. I recently moved to Toronto from Peterborough & Sudbury. I am an old fart looking to get back into moose & deer hunting. I stopped hunting 10 years ago, my 40 yr. old sons want me to hunt with them & i am looking forward to getting back. I have to start from scratch re. gear, guns etc. as i gave away all my gear. If anyone knows of someone getting out of the sport & would have gear for sale i would be interested. I look forward to the info, advice & insight from the members on this digest. cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gibbs505's Avatar
    I guess that the first question is, do you have your PAL?

Welcome and enjoy!!
    So I can't spell, so what!!!
    Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who don't!
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pitdogboy's Avatar
    I got back into shooting with avengence after a 12-15 year break myself. Welcome!

Welcome to CGN! This is best place to find hunting/shooting info for all us canucks.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
    “Big Brother is watching you.” - George Orwell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fall Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk
    I have to start from scratch re. gear, guns etc. as i gave away all my gear. If anyone knows of someone getting out of the sport & would have gear for sale i would be interested.
    Welcome!

Tell your son you want your gear back, you changed your mind! At least thats what I hope you did with it.

Go and look in the Equipment Exchange (permission required). Always lots for sale.

Glad to have you're interest, if you've a PAL I can give you a line on a deer camp that is looking for membes. It is NE of APSLEY ON. and a rifle wouldn't be a problem. Arth

Thanks for the welcome

Looking forward to reading & learning, exchanging ideas with like minded people. Have to learn how to manoevere on this forum. cheers Thanks for tips & suggestions already.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Looks like i have found right site re. all things hunting plus. I recently moved to Toronto from Peterborough & Sudbury.
    You have my condolences for having to live in Toronto. May God grant your wishes to be returned to civilization at the soonest opportunity.

I am an old fart looking to get back into moose & deer hunting. I stopped hunting 10 years ago, my 40 yr. old sons want me to hunt with them & i am looking forward to getting back. I have to start from scratch re. gear, guns etc. as i gave away all my gear.
    Being old is not a problem. Being unfit for the strenuous parts of hunting might be a showstopper. Before you let your high-school jock memories convince you that fitness is easily achieved, face up to any realities your body is telling you.

Most hunters spend a lifetime collecting hunting gear of all sorts - just in case. A few very simple tools are all you need. The rest just make the job easier, cleaner or faster.

If anyone knows of someone getting out of the sport & would have gear for sale i would be interested. I look forward to the info, advice & insight from the members on this digest. cheers
    My suggestions: 1) legal paperwork to own a firearm and be in the woods during hunting season.
    2) Rifle, scope, sling, ammunition, fixed blade knife, day pack, legal colours, outdoor clothing, gloves, hat and boots. Binos if terrain requires, map, compass, GPS, TP and firestarter, a drag rope and small block and tackle.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dumbdawg's Avatar
    hey maple leaf eh you would be surprised at the amount of hunters living in TO

Welcome to the Nutz House! I'm another T.O. hunter
    Proud member of CSSA
    "Support our Troops"

"Happiness is a sharp Knife"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast