Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Power X-Calibur Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Have field stripped and cleaned it.
    Really awkward to strip and reassemble (just used to 1911s) but I imagine I'll get the hang of it eventually.
    This video is for the K100 but it applies to the X-calibur as well. About the hardest thing is to remember to push the barrel forward in the slide on re-assembly.

"Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity" Marshall McLuhan, U of T.
    Yo Wendy, have you heard of McLuhan over at Ryerson?; or was that you he was refering to?
    يكون هناك
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Thanks, this may be helpful to other members. I did view a similar video to help me out. The user manual leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by tenexx View Post
    This video is for the K100 but it applies to the X-calibur as well. About the hardest thing is to remember to push the barrel forward in the slide on re-assembly.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    The user manual leaves a lot to be desired.
    The same can be said for the K22 X-Trim

CGN Regular
    we, humans, are creatures of habits and tend to dislike something just because it is something we are not used to.
    Once you learn to dis/assemble k100 you will never want to go back to "slide stop removal" method.
    It worries me that not enough people worry!

http://youtu.be/DioQooFIcgE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagtaph View Post
    we, humans, are creatures of habits and tend to dislike something just because it is something we are not used to.
    Once you learn to dis/assemble k100 you will never want to go back to "slide stop removal" method.

I agree but I also look forward to the next generation "glock" type release tabs instead of the current trigger guard catch.

The grand power takedown/assembly is quite different then most SA pistols today because of the barrel rotation.

CGN Regular
    Any idea about price (range)??

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick.flhx View Post
    Any idea about price (range)??
    Search button can be usefull: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...s-Now-In-Stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    I love the vented slide and fluted barrel!

Range Report: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Just got back from the range with the X-Calibur and thought I'd share my observations.

The Good
    I really like the look and feel of the gun. It rests naturally in your hand.
    All the shots grouped nicely together -- and I'm still learning to shoot and am not the best.
    Really fun gun to shoot but did notice the recoil was a bit more than with a heavier 1911-style pistol.
    Only got about 50 shots through it due to time constraints but really liked how it worked and didn't want to stop.
    Magazines fit well and release without a hitch. I think I'll have to get some more, though.

The Bad
    Had the last round from the mag hang up halfway into the chamber. I pushed the round into the chamber and all was well.
    This is probably my fault in not lubing the cylinder enough and the gun is barely broken in.
    Still -- for this price I would expect flawless performance from the start. Never had this issue with any other gun.

The Ugly
    Trying to load 10 rounds into the magazine is a real challenge. The magazines could have been pinned better.
    I got confused by the safety -- normally a red dot or mark indicates the gun is active -- here the red dot indicates it is safe!
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12