Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Grade 1 and Grade 2 "Made in Germany" Sig P226 refurbs?????

Sounds like you may have been shipped a Grade 2 instead?????????? The Grade 1 units are listed "as new"..........

Thanks for the detailed reply, brother.

Paul
    Ploughshare? Thanks, but I'll keep my sword........

Quote Originally Posted by Can Can View Post
    Sounds like you may have been shipped a Grade 2 instead?????????? The Grade 1 units are listed "as new"..........

Thanks for the detailed reply, brother.

Paul
    you're welcome

Here are pictures

http://imgur.com/a/OtYlM

My grade 2 was also dirty when I recieved i. It had soot build up on the barrel near the chamber, the recoil spring was also dirty and seem to be due for replacement (shorter than what it should be). The part of the trigger bar that rub on the slide has wear. The gun has new grips and 2 new mags. IBM it has more wear than your grade 1

IBM, I dropped you a PM.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by morenc00 View Post
    My grade 2 was also dirty when I recieved i. It had soot build up on the barrel near the chamber, the recoil spring was also dirty and seem to be due for replacement (shorter than what it should be). The part of the trigger bar that rub on the slide has wear. The gun has new grips and 2 new mags. IBM it has more wear than your grade 1
    That does sound worse. A little disappointing if your parts need replacement - when I hear "factory refurbished" I like to imagine Teutonic gnomes wearing hair nets and white cotton gloves performing sacred rites with micrometers, scales, runes, chronographs, replacing anything with signs of wear with new parts... In particular I'd want to know they checked over the firing pin and those parts inside the slide which you can't readily access because the roll pin needs replacement when you remove it. It's possible that they may not have the stringent quality control of this fantasy scenario.

All that said, even though my pistol is a little beat up, the parts fit very smooth and tight. I'm sure it will be a good shooter.

I'm not sure I'd call my grade 2 "a little beat up", but it does have some minor wear, as expected. Mine wasn't sterilized when I got it, but it wasn't filthy either. A quick clean and it was done, and it was lubed when I got it. I'm very happy with mine.
    Crazy......but that's how it goes.

So, overall how does everyone feel about these refurbs? Good value compared to the new ones? Grade 1 worth it over Grade 2? I have been trying to decide between one of these refurbs and a Jericho 941.

I've been very happy with my grade 2. Little wear on the muzzle. It clicks and booms as it should and the price was excellent.

I got a Grade 2 from my local range for $749, two Mec-Gar amgs and factory basic case, clean, lubed, minor external wear marks and two miniscule nicks in the finish near the muzzel and trigger guard respectively. Internal wear shows some use but comparable to the pics in this and other threads. Shoots good, not for me unfortunately, (practice, practice, practice) but a CF trained buddy got tight groups right off the bat with Blazer at 10 yards.

I am happy.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except Infantry, Infantry will kill you.

Hey guys great info in this thread btw

I am just curious for those of you who have received their pistols already...

Do they come with the three white dot sights?

Or do they have the front dot and rear post sights?

I am so close to ordering a grade 2 myself, just curious about that.

Thanks guys

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast