Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Media Day Brief: Tac-Con 3MR trigger, SWORD MK15, Adam Arms, Lancer L7 AWN

2014 Media Day Brief: Tac-Con 3MR trigger, SWORD MK15, Adam Arms, Lancer L7 AWN

Just a brief update of what I have seen and what I found to be interesting:

Tac-Con 3MR trigger: The trigger comes with 2 firing mods. The regular mod in the normal semi position is really just a plain jane match trigger with a normal light reset. The 2nd firing mod behaves like a 3-gun trigger with a very strong and short reset. Think of shooting a 4 lb match trigger with the force of reset like a stock trigger. Normally, a lighter trigger comes with a lighter reset, so the shooter needs to build the muscle memory to squeeze and release. Because the reset is stronger than the squeeze, it is easier to pick up the speed with this trigger without spending a lot of time to build muscle memory. I am used to shooting stock trigger with a strong normal reset, and I feel much more "normal" with the 2nd firing mod.

I really think the regular firing mod is redundant. Word from the company is that they will be developing a trigger with only “safe” and “the 2nd firing mod”. There is also mentioning of a 45 deg selector, as it is too slow to push the selector from safe all the way to the 2nd firing mod. Hopefully they can lower the 500 dollars price tag by reducing the complexity of the trigger by condensing it down to just “safe” and the “2nd firing mod”.

Beretta AR100X:
    The production date seems to be still up in the air, as the word is that it will be released sometime early in 2014. The commercial version demonstrated at SHOT has an adjustable gas regulator with 2 settings, one for 5.56 ammo and the other for wimpy 223 ammo. This redesign is probably the reason for the delayed release.

Lancer L7 AWN Mag
    The new plastic 7.62 mag is bit different from the PMAG in that it is a straight non curved design, similar to the metal M14 magazine in geometry. The rectangle design makes it a pretty stable platform to use as a mono-pod. Word is that a longer 25 rounder is in the work.

SWORD MK15 and MK16 Carbines
    There seems to be a lot of small shops making their own custom ARs these days. I must admit, after awhile, I am getting a bit tuned out. I ended up checking these guys out because one of the owners was pretty enthusiastic about getting me to try their products.

To be honest, I enjoy shooting these little carbines. They stayed on the target pretty well with that giant compensator.

The owner is saying that they are moving on to newer designs with side charging handle.

Adam Arms
    After I have shot the SWORD rifles, I dropped by and checked out the Adam Arms 18” piston rifle. The gas block of this rifle is located just an inch or so behind the muzzle, so it is completely optimized for this configuration.

The rifle handled very well (ok, it did come with a match trigger and compensator) There is no difference between this or any DI gun that I have shot during the day.

More to come later today!
    Last edited by greentips; 01-14-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Nice! Are you planning on dropping by Bushmaster/Remington's booth?
    A tiger in Africa?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Oh that Adams Arms looks very nice. Any other calibers then 5.56 green tips? ?
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    How's the "cheek weld" & overall impression on the Magpul MOE fixed stock?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Fixed...

Looks cool.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Any hands on the AI AT yet?
    Precision starts at the hundredth of a grain.
    IPSC - MDPL- Obsessive Precision Reloader - Target Shooter
    "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect" . Vince Lombardi

H&K ??? I want to get an update on civilian G36 and UMP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Any chance of news on burris new 1.8-8x28 and kel tec new bullpup's?
    Thank you
    CCFR member

I too am excited for the UMP 45. I don't care to pay the ridiculous price for a conversion. Please tell me this is soon!

ump 45 is my consolation because we cant have the mp5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast