Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SHOT show: Desert Tech MDR bullpup

5k is too rich for my blood for this rifle. Even though that's a guesstimate I hope you are way wrong :P
    --NFA MEMBER--

Didn't see the bolt release. I assume there is one?

The msrp is out and the 223 is about 2200usd and the 308 is 2400usd. Im assuming that both the 223 and 308 will be available as complete rifles and all other calibers are conversion kits

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/de...mdr-shot-show/

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny sasaki View Post
    The msrp is out and the 223 is about 2200usd and the 308 is 2400usd. Im assuming that both the 223 and 308 will be available as complete rifles and all other calibers are conversion kits

D*mn, that seems downright reasonable pricing. Quite well set to compete with the Tavor and RFB.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." – Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada

Good post, thanks for it!!!

CGN Regular
    The only thing I don't like is the reciprocating CH. Plus, these should be 8lbs out of the box with an 18.5" barrel, which is average for a .308.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha niner View Post
    So the price is going to be comparable to the RFB...perfect!!!
    if so it seems like it'll be a definite RFB killer. I'll have to get one of these eventually as well then. The non reciprocating handle, AR positioned mag release, the ability to quickly open and inspect the chamber area, as well as the use of common magazine types are definite wins.

it seems to me that they glanced over at the RFB one day and said, "yeah...i wouldn't do that."

i'd imagine future tavors may eventually use the same or similar ejection port system. the bolt doesnt seem to do anything special, they just added an angled chute for the case to slam into and a block above and to the right of the bolt which pushes the case forward out the chute.
    Last edited by Evil_Edie; 01-15-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the reciprocating CH. Plus, these should be 8lbs out of the box with an 18.5" barrel, which is average for a .308.

What other semi auto 308 is under 8 lbs? I don't know were people find those 6l s 308 semi auto? 8 lbs would be .1 lbs lighther then the rfb, its a good weight, if its too much well suck it up!

Might it kill the rfb? I don't think so, probably as much as the acr and arx 100 will kill the xcr, if anything it might vring the rfb pricing closer to us msrp. It will probabky be more accurate tho. But I don't plan to ditch my rfb for a gun 5 moa more precise.
    CCFR member

Well that does it! If thats true this will be a huge seller. Now I ask again because im still unsure, is the MDR-C a DIFFERENT gun or just shorter barrel/different handguard?

Its not very clear but the article says you can switch barrel lengths so I think you can go from MDR to MDRC

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast