Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SHOT show: Desert Tech MDR bullpup

Quote Originally Posted by superlative View Post
    Agreed. I'd get one. You'd still have to buy different optics though. I think it's more convenient to have permanently mounted optics than changing them around all the time.
    good point, I never thought about that. Couldn't you have hash marks on the optic, or memorize the difference in windage/elevation between the 2 calibres?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Edie View Post
    hmm, i was unaware the RFB was so much more affordable down there... also as joe said i coulda sworn it goes for around 1800. either way though if the price even comes within $500 of the RFB i'm sure a lot of people would consider it first for the features. lets also remember up here you're going to save a fortune on magazines if you're the kind of person who likes to have a bunch of them. that alone could cover a major portion of the increased cost for the rifle itself.
    I believe he's wrong, $1800 seems to be what they cost down there. Thats $300 from the .223 version of the MDR.

CGN frequent flyer speedjunkiesracing's Avatar
    Crappy vid but some more info.

[youtube]IcSdnSS0OuM[/youtube]
    The Toecutter, He knows who I am

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    good point, I never thought about that. Couldn't you have hash marks on the optic, or memorize the difference in windage/elevation between the 2 calibres?

I believe he's wrong, $1800 seems to be what they cost down there. Thats $300 from the .223 version of the MDR.
    For that point alone I don't really see the point, might as well buy 2 complete guns and save all the assole. Even if you have 2 scopes on qd mounts what the hell do you do about the backup sights? Unless the rail is attached to the barrel like the rfb and you swap it like a ar upper for me its not really worth it buying a conversion. Plus if the rail is attached to the barrel it might play with the harmonics.... I don't know... its a really interesting and intriguing concept to say the least.
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    For that point alone I don't really see the point, might as well buy 2 complete guns and save all the assole. Even if you have 2 scopes on qd mounts what the hell do you do about the backup sights? Unless the rail is attached to the barrel like the rfb and you swap it like a ar upper for me its not really worth it buying a conversion. Plus if the rail is attached to the barrel it might play with the harmonics.... I don't know... its a really interesting and intriguing concept to say the least.
    I can understand this issue. There should be a scope/red dot where you can pre-program calibers.

For me its not such a big issue. I would probably use a quality variable scope. On those its much easier to adjust between .223 and .308 calibration. You can simply chalk mark the adjustments or memorize what setting each calibre is zeroed at, very simple no? With regards to backup sights, meh, not a huge issue for me. Im not going to war and doubt my main optic will fail as it will be quality.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    I want one in 6.8 that is moa capable like my ar15s

Photos and details added to original post!

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We will be importing this rifle (along with the regular bolt action rifles) when they actually come to market in 12-16 months.

We already have discussed a NR version with them.

JR
    put me on the waiting list!

Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the reciprocating CH. Plus, these should be 8lbs out of the box with an 18.5" barrel, which is average for a .308.

Hey, I just noticed that I am in this video! I am at the very left of the screen, and raise my camera to photo the slides as they appear.

Photos reloaded to Imgur hosting site.
    Sorry for the downtime.

Don't bother importing anything under 18.5.

Spare us the 2 years of restricted versions and then finally a non restricted version..

Skip to the NR version.

Make it so.
    Lol

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast