Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SHOT show: Desert Tech MDR bullpup

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    What other semi auto 308 is under 8 lbs? I don't know were people find those 6l s 308 semi auto? 8 lbs would be .1 lbs lighther then the rfb, its a good weight, if its too much well suck it up!
    Where exactly did you see that I said it should be lighter? I said that was average for a .308 platform...

Or are you just trying to be manly with that "suck it up" comment?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    Where exactly did you see that I said it should be lighter? I said that was average for a .308 platform...

Or are you just trying to be manly with that "suck it up" comment?
    Imo standard is 9-10 but that just my opinion

I think we should all suck it up, I am myself getting back into shape! Its not a dig on you.
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Edie View Post
    if so it seems like it'll be a definite RFB killer. I'll have to get one of these eventually as well then. The non reciprocating handle, AR positioned mag release, the ability to quickly open and inspect the chamber area, as well as the use of common magazine types are definite wins.

it seems to me that they glanced over at the RFB one day and said, "yeah...i wouldn't do that."

i'd imagine future tavors may eventually use the same or similar ejection port system. the bolt doesnt seem to do anything special, they just added an angled chute for the case to slam into and a block above and to the right of the bolt which pushes the case forward out the chute.
    No it's not an RFB killer. The RFB is just over US$1000 in the states, and this new Desert Tech rifle in the states is already more expensive than the Canadian RFB. The Desert Tech should be over CA$3000 by the time it reaches here.

Quote Originally Posted by quorum View Post
    No it's not an RFB killer. The RFB is just over US$1000 in the states, and this new Desert Tech rifle in the states is already more expensive than the Canadian RFB. The Desert Tech should be over CA$3000 by the time it reaches here.
    I'd say around $3k. It will be $2150 in the US for .223 version. Regardless, the RFB won't compare. The ability to have .223 and .308 and 7.62x39 in the same gun is just plain awesome, not to mention it will probably be of much higher quality as well.

BTW. RFB seems to be go for around $1800 in the US, so its around the same price point.

Tan version is also available from the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkmo View Post
    Tan version is also available from the looks.

Cant get over how small that micro is. NR version with extra 10.5" barrel would make this gun the best gun ever. Tan looks sweet as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This looks really good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    I'd say around $3k. It will be $2150 in the US for .223 version. Regardless, the RFB won't compare. The ability to have .223 and .308 and 7.62x39 in the same gun is just plain awesome, not to mention it will probably be of much higher quality as well.

BTW. RFB seems to be go for around $1800 in the US, so its around the same price point.
    Agreed. I'd get one. You'd still have to buy different optics though. I think it's more convenient to have permanently mounted optics than changing them around all the time.
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

Damn those look nice! Sign me up for a 308 version.

Quote Originally Posted by quorum View Post
    hmm, i was unaware the RFB was so much more affordable down there... also as joe said i coulda sworn it goes for around 1800. either way though if the price even comes within $500 of the RFB i'm sure a lot of people would consider it first for the features. lets also remember up here you're going to save a fortune on magazines if you're the kind of person who likes to have a bunch of them. that alone could cover a major portion of the increased cost for the rifle itself.
    Last edited by Evil_Edie; 01-15-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast