Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: HK 556A1 SD, OSS suppressor and HK keymod rail

Alberta Defence Force - Liberal Welcoming Committee
    Question: How is this thing gonna work on short barrelled carbines where there is no room behind the muzzle for the thing to reflex back? I guess those old, low tech, conventional suppressors will have to do the work there huh?

You can utilize just the suppressor module. Only 6 inches past the muzzle. Not too bad.
    It's tough, kind of like you've been building the best propeller aircraft imaginable and all of a sudden someone comes out with a jet engine. Hard to accept.

Rich

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunnerlove's Avatar
    HK also said the 416 was going to revolutionize the world of ARs.
    Service Rifle has been shot in Canada since 1864.
    The DCRA is the oldest sporting organization in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerlove View Post
    HK also said the 416 was going to revolutionize the world of ARs.
    Because those using them would get RIPPED!
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

In this video the guy is obviously a representative of OSS and he claims the can does 138 dB on what looks to be a 16" rifle. From a ca. 12" long 1.75" diameter suppressor that is cr@p performance. Top 556 cans are about half the size and are metering down in the 133-132 dB range. Additionally you are paying a premium for sh!tty performance. A top of the line thread on suppressor will prob cost about half what this one does and be smaller, lighter and produce considerably better sound reduction. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't cheat physics.

Look closely at this vid. There is clearly a puff of gas coming out the ejection port on each shot. Their claim of no back pressure is clearly BS as well.

All I can say is that you will probably be impressed and very interested when you see it in "person". Let's not confuse the size of the actual suppressor, it is very small and only extends about 6 inches or less past the muzzle.

Rich

I am confused !
    Are we talking about things that we will never touch or even see in our restricted or prohibited country !
    These things are good but untouchable for all of us.
    We should consider suppressing some peoples and useless laws then we will suppress sound.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    All I can say is that you will probably be impressed and very interested when you see it in "person". Let's not confuse the size of the actual suppressor, it is very small and only extends about 6 inches or less past the muzzle.

Rich
    A 6" suppressor that does 138 dB doesn't impress me at all. If it does 130 dB then I will be impressed. If it can soak up hundreds of rounds of FA without melting then I will be impressed. If it weighs 8 oz and costs $600 then I will be impressed. Until then .... not so much.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234