Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    Yeah, so, no point then. Just mocking someone. Got it. ####ty service is acceptable in your world. That's fine for union workers. In private business, people take their business elsewhere. And with the internet, we get to read other people's experience with companies. And while you're having a love-in that 6 months is acceptable, me and a bunch of other people have taken our wallets to the competition. And I didn't have to deal with bad service like the OP is talking about. If you don't care, go ahead and deal with people who place no value on your business. Some of us do care, and choose not to do business with companies that don't value the money I've worked hard to spend.
    Oh, so you've called John @ Marstar, and heard his side of what happened? Great, I'd love to hear all about it, because here I thought we were just bad mouthing people that weren't here. Did he make it clear that he doesn't care, that he places no value on business, that they just like giving bad service?

My dealer was shot in the head, serving in Afghanistan, and has trouble getting through the day. The brain just isn't the same. Six months is not acceptable, he would agree. You call him and tell him what's what, I didn't have the heart, as I was on the couch both times he was wounded. You set him straight.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Oh, so you've called John @ Marstar, and heard his side of what happened? Great, I'd love to hear all about it, because here I thought we were just bad mouthing people that weren't here. Did he make it clear that he doesn't care, that he places no value on business, that they just like giving bad service?

My dealer was shot in the head, serving in Afghanistan, and has trouble getting through the day. The brain just isn't the same. Six months is not acceptable, he would agree. You call him and tell him what's what, I didn't have the heart, as I was on the couch both times he was wounded. You set him straight.
    bazinga
    the zombie apocalypse never looked so apealing...

Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I thought I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.

I don't know what you are doing for a living, but if you are not a stand up comedian you missed your vocation!!!
    This was the highlight of my week..... couldn't stop laughing. Thank you.

If you can't match Amazon in terms of their ability to get common goods to your door in a couple of days you should just get out of business.

Some people like running thier business like that. Nthing wrong with that imo.
    Last edited by MolonLabe; 01-19-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I thought I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.
    Purely one of the most interesting and funny post ever. Cheers!!!
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am upset that in 3 hours John hasn't responded. Could be because its way after 5 when normal people call it a day or he's actually got a life .

Quote Originally Posted by salon_1928 View Post
    If you can't match Amazon in terms of their ability to get common goods to your door in a couple of days you should just get out of business.
    You must be amazoning the hardest bro.

A lot of people on this board with no clue regarding business.
    No business is the same, different circumstances and business models everywhere.

If you are truly worried about expected delivery of a product you should check prior to ordering.

I quite often wonder about the age of some of the people posting and how much life experience they have.

From what I have read in this post I think the OP has a problem, not the dealer.

Just my personal opinion for what it's worth.

BANNED
    Well they do answer their phones, and do respond to emails but my overall impression of them is poor.

I bought one firearm, ~$3200 from them, and it will be the last thing I ever buy from them.

There are much better sponsors on this site than Marstar.