Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My SHOT Show Experience!!! NOW with PICS!!!

I just changed my flight to leave tomorrow (Friday) instead Saturday. I "finished" the show today, saw every booth.

I totally over did it the first day, walked non-stop (even ate my lunch standing) from 8:00am to 4:30pm. That was a mistake. My feet were fine, but my knees and lower back were a little sore. Second say I slept in a bit, got to the show about 9:30am, took my time, had a long (sitting!) lunch with a friend, then strolled the floor until 5:30pm.

Today (my last day), got to the show around 10am, skipped lunch, but took a several sitting breaks and left about 5:00pm, went out for dinner at Ellis Island (it was amazing).

I was to fly out Saturday, but I'm done... and I mean DONE! Just want to get home now, leaving a day early.

Got to meet Ed Burlew and Tony Bernardo at the CSSA party. Ran into SUN news at the IWI booth and at the CSSA party.

Great show for my first time, I'll definately return. Maybe not next year, but for sure the year after that.

Oh, and I purchased 1 item. Some vendors WERE selling directly at the show. Timney had a show special for their 3lb AR15 single-stage trigger for $175. None in stock at the show, but I pre-paid via credit card and it will ship from their head office tomorrow (Friday).

OverKill

Quote Originally Posted by John Y Cannuck View Post
    Try the wifi in the press room at the show. I bet you didn't believe me when I told you how big it was. Feet sore?
    ** Member CSSA, CCFR, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver

Now with Pics!
    Sometimes it is the very people that no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Great pics. Thanks for the report.
    Those levers were seriously 'Cowboy Cool' and that little 715P Pistol is even buffuglier than I expected!

Anyone have information on what Winchester has for the model 70? Eary rumours were of a .300 H+H.
    Currently collecting:
    Ross rifles:Original military and factory sporters.
    Mausers: All variations.
    Any 20th Battalion CEF and CMGC items.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    ..Awesome! Wish I could be there as well.. Other then ShotShow girls, many/any women actually out there with you guys? (didnt see any in the foto's) ..*Only asking as my gf is here looking over my shoulder*... lol .. but I can safely say..I <3 Shot Shot girls!

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Thanks for the report on the Lyman, I agree wholeheartedly on the price tag.
    Bush hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by czechsanchez View Post
    Can't wait for pics and reviews of the 715t duck commander pistol (aka the gun of the year)
    There's a ton of reviews. It's still the 715t. Just no stock and shorter barrel. Anything duck commander is cheesy and I would never buy it. Stupidest show on TV and is scripted. And I think many people would think this is the worst gun of the year. Because of this pistol the 25 round 715t mags will be prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    ..Awesome! Wish I could be there as well.. Other then ShotShow girls, many/any women actually out there with you guys? (didnt see any in the foto's) ..*Only asking as my gf is here looking over my shoulder*... lol .. but I can safely say..I <3 Shot Shot girls!
    At the media day, I didn't really see many women around, a few I guess.

During the main event, there were lots of women around not only at the booth but mainly as buyers, mostly wives I suspect.

Then there are the models handing out stuff and posing with people.
    Sometimes it is the very people that no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

BANNED
    Thanks for the pics and reviews something for everyone..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    That looks like a show that everyone should try to make. There sure seems to be a lot of neat stuff there to see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast