Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My SHOT Show Experience!!! NOW with PICS!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gwagen View Post
    Now with Pics!
    Thanks for that..

I'm under the impression that SHOT isn't open to the general public, is that correct?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I assumed it was open to the public.

BANNED
    From the first post: "As media members we were able to attend Media Day at the Range. Where many of the firearms and accessories manufacturers had firearms for us to shoot."

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    Thanks for the write up.

Unfortunately SHOT show is only open to members of the media, exhibitors, buyers, international buyers, Non-Buyers with some sort of shooting sport affiliation, and guests of these approved people.

From what I gathered they were really cracking down this year trying to weed out anyone who was not one of the approved people. But I know I saw a lot of people there mostly just browsing around, only a few were really talking business with the exhibitors.

I saw Larry Potterfield there, didn't see him wearing his badge though, guess everyone knows who he is, he was wearing a goldenrod coloured blazer with a big crest of some sort on it, was just funny to see really, all I could think off was "Hi, I'm Larry Potterfield, and that's the way it is."
    Sometimes it is the very people that no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Thats unfortunate, that its not open to the public, it looks like a good to attend.

BANNED
    Perhaps if they made it a paid admission like $50.00 to weed out the tire kickers..

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Thats unfortunate, that its not open to the public, it looks like a good to attend.
    If you truly want to attend the Shot Show (or any other trade show for that matter) there is always a way in. Plan ahead and be prepared to do a little networking. Well thought out letters, emails, and polite phone calls to industry people will get you an invite or a guest pass if you are serious about attending.

While living in Europe, I got into the IWA Show in Germany on more than one occasion just by walking into a local gun dealer in the UK and asking for a letter of reference so I could get a pass. I have nothing to do with the industry internally other than a love of firearms and shooting but really wanted to check it out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123