Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: Desert Tech MDR

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    I hate to say it, but honestly Kel Tec's downward ejection port seems a good deal more innovative for ambi usage than this, which seems like little more than a fancy brass deflector.
    It's too bad their innovation came with a $2,000-$3,000USD price tag

it has the forward ejecting action of the fs2000 minus the nice built in brass catcher... but its got the buttstock of the tavor meaning its not 3 inches wide like the fs2k.. so not bad... cant say its the best of both worlds , but im sure fit and function will speak for itself !! if it does have multi caliber capabilities i will have one !!!

keep em commin!!!

and as far as" Kel Tecs inovation " downward ejection existed in bullpups befor keltec existed as a company in 91 for example fn p"90" the 90 indicating the year it was produced !!

downward eject can be annoying if ever using a bench or rest, it aways seems to bounce up at you ... forward eject spits it were no one should ever be , downrange of your muzzle

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Pooker View Post
    It's too bad their innovation came with a $2,000-$3,000USD price tag
    More like 4000 CAD, because reasons.

Id hit it!
    *** Archangel 556 10/22 *** Savage Axis Snow Camo/Stainless .223 *** Mossberg 500 Tactical 12g. ***

I like this if it was non restricted.
    I think it's time I went 4 my restricted license

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
    and as far as" Kel Tecs inovation " downward ejection existed in bullpups befor keltec existed as a company in 91 for example fn p"90" the 90 indicating the year it was produced !!
    problem is that's an entirely different system. the only reason the P-90 could do it was because it's magazine fed from the top. thus meaning there was nothing obstructing them from simply letting the cases fall out the bottom once extracted from the chamber. no original mechanical implement was needed. The feed system was the real innovation of the P-90 not the downward ejection. By your logic most machine guns since ever have been downward ejecting.

i'm interested to see how keltec did this while continuing to use the conventional box magazine feeding from the bottom. the challenge with this would've been where the cases would eject from and how it would get there.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    The MDR seems like a nice blend of options and function (making this statement a bit blind not having any reviews to go on). Nice that it's in the same/lower price bracket as most black guns and bullpups as well. I'm a big fan of the 308 capacity - with our $200 sks' in country it's really hard to justify any black rifle in that cal when I can buy a crate or two of SKS' and ammo instead, so yah, 308 is a selling point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    The MDR seems like a nice blend of options and function (making this statement a bit blind not having any reviews to go on). Nice that it's in the same/lower price bracket as most black guns and bullpups as well. I'm a big fan of the 308 capacity - with our $200 sks' in country it's really hard to justify any black rifle in that cal when I can buy a crate or two of SKS' and ammo instead, so yah, 308 is a selling point for me.
    I'm very interested in this rifle, as it would fullfil my desire for .223, .308, and 7.62x39 all at the same time.
    Each calibre has their own advantage, and being able to use all three would be a bonus.

Wonder what the costs for different calibre conversions will be.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast