Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: Rossi Circult Judge Revoler Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    But it was designed and built as a rifle... Just like the browning buckmark... The only reasoning I could see for being restricted is having a six shot cylinder, but I believe it is 5.
    It uses the exact same frame as the pistol, the buckmark has a specific designed frame frame.
    "Happiness is a warm gun"- John Lennon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    Even if this gun was non-restricted I can`t see the point of using it as a shotgun for hunting because of the 2 in the magazine restriction (not sure if this is canada wide for all hunting). I saw some videos online where there was a 2 round plug in the magazine, maybe the thinking is that round on top is ``chambered`` and not in the magazine. The fact that this is only available in .410 makes this pretty theoretical, can`t see one in a duck blind any time soon.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by conor_90 View Post
    Even if this gun was non-restricted I can`t see the point of using it as a shotgun for hunting because of the 2 in the magazine restriction (not sure if this is canada wide for all hunting). I saw some videos online where there was a 2 round plug in the magazine, maybe the thinking is that round on top is ``chambered`` and not in the magazine. The fact that this is only available in .410 makes this pretty theoretical, can`t see one in a duck blind any time soon.
    That's a treaty issue covers canada and the US. That's part of the reason you need a bird licenses and a federal migratory bird permit. Upland game laws vary by province and so do big game laws.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    Yeah I was aware of that for migratory birds. In BC if one chooses to hunt game with shot they are limited to 3 rounds (2 in the magazine) irrc. I can't see the application of .410 for anything but grouse so it's pretty much a non issue. Cool looking gun, too bad you can't take them out plinking, or small game hunting.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567