2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

protect.pl

an abandoned project a few years ago. RCMP said AR even though the upper/lower will not fit standard AR receivers, and even though the mags will not fit standard AR's they were limited to 5 rounds because the RCMP said they were AR mags.

I got to handle this in 2006. It was such a disappointment that the RCMP deemed it a variant and made it restricted. Joe was pretty mad. The receivers are nothing like an AR.

As a fact they do consider it a variant.

"2. The firearm of the design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it, including the

(a) Colt AR-15;

(b) Colt AR-15 SPI;

(c) Colt AR-15 Sporter;

(d) Colt AR-15 Collapsible Stock Model;

(e) Colt AR-15 A2;

(f) Colt AR-15 A2 Carbine;

(g) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Rifle;

(h) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Target Rifle;

(i) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Carbine;

(j) Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II;

(k) Colt AR-15 A2 H-BAR;

(l) Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR;

(m) Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR Match;

(n) Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine;

(o) Armalite AR-15;

(p) AAI M15;

(q) AP74;

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post

My AP74 22lr rifle with a 15rd mag and looking like an AR15 is restricted because it looks like an AR15. Not one single part is interchangeable with an AR15.

Moe
The ap74 is on the named restricted list because of looks. The RCMP didn't classify it as an AR15, the government did when they wrote the regulation.

I love how people are excited for this when it is no different then the supposed AK SPABR Trigger Wholesale is trying to bring in yet people hate that rifle cuz it's not a semi. Go figure.
In my opinion any new rifle to Canada is excellent.

Give me one in .308 with a short barrel non-res and I would be a happy camper :)

I know eh? It's a pity it makes sense for them to produce it using AR parts for their US market. What we need is this using a proprietary magazine, or a bolt action magazine design already in production to get it with no mag limit, get it in 308 for multi-use factor, and non-standard internals to avoid being a variant of the AR. It's a lot to ask, but it'd be a killer here, especially in the $1000 range (The AR 180 was going for that before it became scarce, so this should be attainable).

I figure the more interest expressed in it, the better. For all we know they might be planning on essentially sending an AR15 lower and AR mag with it, if we can figure that out before it gets submitted we might be able to get it changed.

I think they'd have to mod the uppers too or the RCMP might throw an AR lower on it and call it an AR.

I love how people are excited for this when it is no different then the supposed AK SPABR Trigger Wholesale is trying to bring in yet people hate that rifle cuz it's not a semi. Go figure.
In my opinion any new rifle to Canada is excellent.

I think the difference is that with Trigger's gun, lots of people got the initial idea that is was a semi-auto, and then they felt betrayed and disappointed when they found out otherwise.

With this one, the name is Pump Action Rifle, so it clears thet issue up immediately.

The Troy's customer service talking head's automated reply said he was away until the 27th, hopefully that's a typo and he's back on the 17th. I want me some clarifications on if I should get my hopes up.

its an ar "variant"...... i say that sarcastically because its simply not true, but one look at this rifle and i can almost gaurentee the rcmp will slap a restricted sticker on it

cmon am i alone on this one?

I think it will be prohibited, because it's black, and we're all on a terrorist watch list just for looking at a photo of one.

I know it would make it even more AR'ish ... but I would still prefer the standard buffer tube stock set up, more options. that folder looks proprietary like an RA xcr mount.

This kind of turn me off. I don't know, it would be like why have an AR if its pump and not self loading. My bolt gun shoots awesome.

Three words for you. No Magazine Capacity.

With a manually operated centerfire firearm, I can have a barrel length down to smaller than my package, with a magazine larger than I wish my package were.

I for one am planning on making a compact fun gun in 300 Blackout. Say, 10" barrel, 30 round magazine. Lots of fun to be had with that without it being restricted. My other options have been either prohibitively expensive, or not of a style that really appealed to me. The style of the PAR really appeals to me, but unfortunately we don't know many details about it yet.

Back
Top Bottom