Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post

an abandoned project a few years ago. RCMP said AR even though the upper/lower will not fit standard AR receivers, and even though the mags will not fit standard AR's they were limited to 5 rounds because the RCMP said they were AR mags.
    I got to handle this in 2006. It was such a disappointment that the RCMP deemed it a variant and made it restricted. Joe was pretty mad. The receivers are nothing like an AR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    As a fact they do consider it a variant.

"2. The firearm of the design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it, including the

(a) Colt AR-15;

(b) Colt AR-15 SPI;

(c) Colt AR-15 Sporter;

(d) Colt AR-15 Collapsible Stock Model;

(e) Colt AR-15 A2;

(f) Colt AR-15 A2 Carbine;

(g) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Rifle;

(h) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Target Rifle;

(i) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Carbine;

(j) Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II;

(k) Colt AR-15 A2 H-BAR;

(l) Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR;

(m) Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR Match;

(n) Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine;

(o) Armalite AR-15;

(p) AAI M15;

(q) AP74;

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post

My AP74 22lr rifle with a 15rd mag and looking like an AR15 is restricted because it looks like an AR15. Not one single part is interchangeable with an AR15.

Moe
    The ap74 is on the named restricted list because of looks. The RCMP didn't classify it as an AR15, the government did when they wrote the regulation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I love how people are excited for this when it is no different then the supposed AK SPABR Trigger Wholesale is trying to bring in yet people hate that rifle cuz it's not a semi. Go figure.
    In my opinion any new rifle to Canada is excellent.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Give me one in .308 with a short barrel non-res and I would be a happy camper
    I know eh? It's a pity it makes sense for them to produce it using AR parts for their US market. What we need is this using a proprietary magazine, or a bolt action magazine design already in production to get it with no mag limit, get it in 308 for multi-use factor, and non-standard internals to avoid being a variant of the AR. It's a lot to ask, but it'd be a killer here, especially in the $1000 range (The AR 180 was going for that before it became scarce, so this should be attainable).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    I figure the more interest expressed in it, the better. For all we know they might be planning on essentially sending an AR15 lower and AR mag with it, if we can figure that out before it gets submitted we might be able to get it changed.
    I think they'd have to mod the uppers too or the RCMP might throw an AR lower on it and call it an AR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I love how people are excited for this when it is no different then the supposed AK SPABR Trigger Wholesale is trying to bring in yet people hate that rifle cuz it's not a semi. Go figure.
    In my opinion any new rifle to Canada is excellent.
    I think the difference is that with Trigger's gun, lots of people got the initial idea that is was a semi-auto, and then they felt betrayed and disappointed when they found out otherwise.

With this one, the name is Pump Action Rifle, so it clears thet issue up immediately.

The Troy's customer service talking head's automated reply said he was away until the 27th, hopefully that's a typo and he's back on the 17th. I want me some clarifications on if I should get my hopes up.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 1leggeddog View Post
    Are you serious right now?

What do you think they did for the AK and AR platforms?

Totally different situation.

Finally! An AR we can hunt with
    Mossberg 183D .410: IGA s/s 20g: Sinsinati s/s 14" 12ga; Mossberg 500 12ga
    Remington 597 22lr: Cooey 600 22lr: Savage MK II 22lr; Savage 93GV 17hmr
    WK180-C 5.56: Stevens 200 22-250: Savage 111 .270

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip4Play View Post
    its an ar "variant"...... i say that sarcastically because its simply not true, but one look at this rifle and i can almost gaurentee the rcmp will slap a restricted sticker on it

cmon am i alone on this one?
    I think it will be prohibited, because it's black, and we're all on a terrorist watch list just for looking at a photo of one.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Standard capacity mags would take me back to my childhood. Ahhhh the memories.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.