2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

At $1100 I'd be all over this; the Rem 7600 hovers around $700 new and that's the normal mag version. The 7600 that takes AR mags tends to draw a lot more even used.

Still the sad part is that this is likely ((read VERY likely)) to be listed as Restricted. The RCMP will likely rule the lower to be too closely identical to the AR15 design and rule restricted based on the possibility of someone modifying a gas operated Upper to fit.

That's generally the reason a lot of those rifles people don't "see" why they're listed restricted when really they shouldn't. But the reality is that very often its not that far of a stretch to make modifications like this.

There's also the ((agreed STUPID)) blanket rulings based on "design". Such as the AK47esque nature of the Saiga; even though the only thing the two have in common is the appearance of the stamped receiver; while their fundamental design is the same, non of their internal parts are swapable. And the receiver would require extensive modifications to accept AK parts; to the degree that you would possibly be easier just making your own receiver.

As a restricted, this rifle will have a hard time making it HIGH up the wish list. NR and it's going to edge itself in the top 5 purchases of the year for sure. Simply because I could hunt with it. At the range a pump action AR just doesn't benefit me other than "#### yeah this thing is bad ass!" It'd be interesting to run a 3 gun; going from pump rifle to pump shotty lol.

Time for some more dp threads, dumb down the RFC public even more. :rolleyes:

Keep your (soon to be) overpriced prohib.

protect.pl

an abandoned project a few years ago. RCMP said AR even though the upper/lower will not fit standard AR receivers, and even though the mags will not fit standard AR's they were limited to 5 rounds because the RCMP said they were AR mags.

Another example of the RCMP keeping Canada "safe". Dlask created, by all reports, as good as pump black gun as you'd ever find. Personally, I it better than the Troy. I fear that NS will have a tough road to hoe getting the RCMP not to deem the latter an AR variant despite the evidence to the contrary. Since when have the Mounties allowed silly things like "facts" and "truth" stopped them from pursuing their own anti-gun agenda?!? i.e., GSG-5

For those interested Troy PAR's have been ordered and will be submitted to the RCMP, no other information will be forth coming from Troy regarding the specifics about the PAR...

gadget

It's not the mags.

There are 2 separate points of interest to us Canadians.

1. If it will successfully fire using an AR lower it'll definitely be restricted.

2. Separately from #1, if it uses AR mags, they wi have to be pinned to 5 rounds. But if it uses proprietary mags (think LAR pistol) then the possibility of having Troy Pump Action Rifle 30-rounders that just so happen to fit my AR and are legal is huge.

Before anyone flames my post with "you're exposing a secret...public forum...etc" they already F-ING know. And they've proven it time and time again.

They also have to abide by the existing laws and sometimes the loopholes go in our favour... Other times they don't.

Freedom is good to responsible citizens.

Freedom is a loophole that must be forever closed in the opinion of government.

Eh.

The Mossberg MVP has 5 round mags for the bolt gun, but you can then buy pistol mags for it in 10 round. Pumping, 10 rounds sounds like a fair go.

A review by Nutnfancy on the Troy PAR. Looks like a very good rifle. A lot of the questions from here are answered in the video.

I think the rifle will be non restricted, as for normal capacity mags, it all depends on how Troy markets them, its all in the fine print.

I'd buy one and a whole lot of mags too.

Back
Top Bottom