2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

I think the rifle will be non restricted, as for normal capacity mags, it all depends on how Troy markets them, its all in the fine print.

I'd buy one and a whole lot of mags too.

My money would be on a restricted classification as an AR variant. It would largely depend on the receiver and whether it could be modified (if any mods required at all) to accept semi-auto AR upper, though I don't even think the latter is required. AR variant will unfortunately likely be enough for a restricted classification.

The whole AR variant classification needs to go - even if the barrel length classification remains, this would allow the Troy rifle and ARs with over 18 inch barrels to be non-restricted, which I believe would be reasonable...

At 6 pounds and firing a 300 blackout it would make a fine deer rifle out to 200 meters. Here is a question nobody asked yet; could i get one lower and a 300 blackout and a 223 upper?

At 6 pounds and firing a 300 blackout it would make a fine deer rifle out to 200 meters. Here is a question nobody asked yet; could i get one lower and a 300 blackout and a 223 upper?

I don't see why not, since 300BLK only needs a different barrel. I have no idea if Troy plan to sell individual uppers or not.

I didn't read through all the posts, but didn't DLASK make a pump AR waaaaay back? I remember seeing it in person and he was upset because the RCMP labelled it restricted (I forget the reasons.)

It was slick though. If this ends up being NR, I'd be interested for sure.

On troys website they state not to use steel ammunition in this gun or it could cause damage to the firearm. Also i believe it is chambered in .223 not 5.56

Thats a pretty standard clause in most firearm manuals. They usually say not to use steel cased, comerically reloaded or hand loaded ammo. Some american made firearms say to only use quality made USA ammo.

Back
Top Bottom