Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

Man how long can it take to look at a pump action and say that's a pump action and issue an FRT? What do we pay these people for? Don't get me wrong, I know why we pay the RCMP's that enforce our laws and provide public safety and frankly I don't think we pay them enough. However I can't seem to find any information at all as to what goes into the issuing of an FRT and I am baffled as to the length of time it takes to make a decision on an obviously cut and dry rifle. I mean it was designed to conform to the laws that make it non restricted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want to increase your impatience level... watch the review that nutnfancy did on youtube. I wanted one before I watched it. Now, if that rifle is deemed NR, it WILL be mine.

I feel exactly the same way, and I first saw it on nutnfancys channel so I have been at max impatience from day one, lol. More so now that the .308 version is supposedly out in the states too. Fingers crossed. Anyone have any ideas as to how we can help make sure they class it as what it is and not what it resembles? I hear the conservative government has been helpful with the Swiss arms fiasco to some degree. Maybe we could send them a petition? I don't know, I do know that a 10-22 in a aftermarket stock or mossberg 715, or issc mk22 can look like any number of restricted and probhibited firearms but is non restricted.

for no updates

CGN Regular
    My personal first wish for a new bill to improve our firearm laws would be to have a clear set of guidelines that dictate how a firearm is classed, and enforced by an independent third party. The "looks" of a firearm should have nothing to do with its classification. The RCMP firearms lab is not transparent with its decisions.

Can anyone even find where to go to get current data on a rifle pending classification?
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength

Super GunNutz
    Hi all. Just bumping this to see if anyone has heard anything new on Canadian legality? Thanks.

CGN Regular
    This is now non restricted, check out irunguns subforum for pricing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    North Sylva should be distributing them as well to dealers soon I would think. They were the ones to submit it for classification.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY