Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

Now this! is going to confused the $hit out of our RCMP. Its a pump action but also takes an AR mag! whats going happen to all the 30 rds mags! ??? OH NOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    Now this! is going to confused the $hit out of our RCMP. Its a pump action but also takes an AR mag! whats going happen to all the 30 rds mags! ??? OH NOOOO!!!
    No its quite simple it takes AR15 mags so they have to be pinned to 5 rounds. Now proprietery mags is a different story but they can't fit or be made to fit anyother gun if you want them to be accepted.

I love threads like this.. Speculation liberally mixed with ignorance and cynicism= entertainment

here is my take.. Cool, lets wait for the 3 years it will take for the RCMP to "examine" it and classify before I get my Visa card out,

CGN Regular
    Troy makes mags to my understanding they should make propriatry mags for this rifle.
    I am pro cake.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    ATCHUNG
    Got a response.
    Thank you for your interest in the Troy PAR. The pump action rifle is intended for hunting and sporting purposes. Due to ITAR regulations I cannot get into specifics on the rifle. The upper and lower are not interchangeable with other type of moderns sporting rifles. The magazine well accepts standard AR type magazines.
    That's from the Assistant Weapons Program Manager.

So, what we know about this rifle:
    •Pump action
    •Takes AR mags, which is not the end of the world.
    •Does not interchange with other modern sporting rifles, which I suppose means it stands about the same chance of being non-restricted as my chance to reach into molten steel and pull out Excalibur. Slim, but I've done it before.
    •Makes me moist.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Give me one in .308 with a short barrel non-res and I would be a happy camper
    <3 please doo
    Feed The ADDICTION

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    If you're still limited with magazine capacity, I'd rather just get a semi-auto.

Full capacity mags is the only reason to use this pump instead.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Full capacity mags is the only reason to use this pump instead.
    Not if it's non restricted, if it's restricted it's totally pointless in any case.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    ATCHUNG
    Got a response.

That's from the Assistant Weapons Program Manager.

So, what we know about this rifle:
    •Pump action
    •Takes AR mags, which is not the end of the world.
    •Does not interchange with other modern sporting rifles, which I suppose means it stands about the same chance of being non-restricted as my chance to reach into molten steel and pull out Excalibur. Slim, but I've done it before.
    •Makes me moist.

You're missing the point here. When they refer to 'the upper and lower are not interchangeable with modern sporting rifles'... what they are saying is they aren't interchangeable with AR uppers and lowers- because the gun media in the US has taken to calling ARs the 'Modern Sporting Rifle' to make it appear less military/tacticool. No reason this gun would be made restricted here.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, DADDIES WITH PRETTY DAUGHTERS KILL PEOPLE!
    "Get a shot off FAST. This upsets him long enough to make your second shot count." -Robert A. Heinlein.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernCX View Post
    You're missing the point here. When they refer to 'the upper and lower are not interchangeable with modern sporting rifles'... what they are saying is they aren't interchangeable with AR uppers and lowers- because the gun media in the US has taken to calling ARs the 'Modern Sporting Rifle' to make it appear less military/tacticool. No reason this gun would be made restricted here.
    Depends if the rcmp can apply enough duct tape to the upper and a ar lower(or the other way around) to fire a shot.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold