Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Shot Show: Troy Industries Pump Action Rifle

would it be illegal to remove the pin out of ar drum so it was a 100rd capacity only if it was for use on the Mossberg MVP?

CGN Regular
    Yes.

In Russia, probably not.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    lol mother russia...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    At $1100 I'd be all over this; the Rem 7600 hovers around $700 new and that's the normal mag version. The 7600 that takes AR mags tends to draw a lot more even used.

Still the sad part is that this is likely ((read VERY likely)) to be listed as Restricted. The RCMP will likely rule the lower to be too closely identical to the AR15 design and rule restricted based on the possibility of someone modifying a gas operated Upper to fit.

That's generally the reason a lot of those rifles people don't "see" why they're listed restricted when really they shouldn't. But the reality is that very often its not that far of a stretch to make modifications like this.

There's also the ((agreed STUPID)) blanket rulings based on "design". Such as the AK47esque nature of the Saiga; even though the only thing the two have in common is the appearance of the stamped receiver; while their fundamental design is the same, non of their internal parts are swapable. And the receiver would require extensive modifications to accept AK parts; to the degree that you would possibly be easier just making your own receiver.

As a restricted, this rifle will have a hard time making it HIGH up the wish list. NR and it's going to edge itself in the top 5 purchases of the year for sure. Simply because I could hunt with it. At the range a pump action AR just doesn't benefit me other than "#### yeah this thing is bad ass!" It'd be interesting to run a 3 gun; going from pump rifle to pump shotty lol.
    Time for some more dp threads, dumb down the RFC public even more.

Keep your (soon to be) overpriced prohib.

In Russia mag pins you!

But in Canada it doesnt matter its a center fire rifle mag there for it must be pinned to hold only 5 rounds

wowwww disregard my comments
    having 2 thread windows going at one time was bound to bite me in the ass

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    I guess you can't edit in these forums. I would rather have a Remington 7615 .223. Good luck finding one though.

nope cant edit

Quote Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
    Yes.

In Russia, probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    lol mother russia...
    How about some facts: ht tp://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/russia.php

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post

an abandoned project a few years ago. RCMP said AR even though the upper/lower will not fit standard AR receivers, and even though the mags will not fit standard AR's they were limited to 5 rounds because the RCMP said they were AR mags.
    Another example of the RCMP keeping Canada "safe". Dlask created, by all reports, as good as pump black gun as you'd ever find. Personally, I it better than the Troy. I fear that NS will have a tough road to hoe getting the RCMP not to deem the latter an AR variant despite the evidence to the contrary. Since when have the Mounties allowed silly things like "facts" and "truth" stopped them from pursuing their own anti-gun agenda?!? i.e., GSG-5
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers