Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2014 SHOW SHOW: Crye Precision Six12 Shotgun

Apparently the cylinder (I'm NOT calling it a mag! And neither should anybody else, because if anybody in the Canadian process hears you....) has a collar the snugs up the cylinder gap, a la Nagant revolver (which was silenceable). I can't remember/find the article I've found most of my info from though...

Still, fingers cross for it to be a manually operated NR shotgun. Even having a NR long one, and a short one for... those special CQC carbine courses. lol
    Proud southpaw and airsofter

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantabe_ Warrior View Post
    Apparently the cylinder (I'm NOT calling it a mag! And neither should anybody else, because if anybody in the Canadian process hears you....) has a collar the snugs up the cylinder gap, a la Nagant revolver (which was silenceable). I can't remember/find the article I've found most of my info from though...

Still, fingers cross for it to be a manually operated NR shotgun. Even having a NR long one, and a short one for... those special CQC carbine courses. lol
    If it doesn't have a pistol grip, it should be non restricted once mounted to a NR rifle.

The worst part now is knowing that even if everything works out, I would still have to wait two years (TWO YEARS) to even have the possibility of owning one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    except the cylinder would be considered a magazine as it completely removes from the gun.
    6 rounds = prohib device.
    That's easy...blocked to 5 rounds then.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

BIG BUMP!!!

Due to awesomeness and the bulge in my pants waiting for these

Anyone got any leads???

Cheers

PROUD MEMBER OF I.U.O.E. local 793

I would dearly love to have one of these things, but I think everybody is looking at this thing wrong as to the whole Restricted/Non-Restricted issue. To my eye there is ZERO chance that it will be Non-Restricted, so the only thing that remains is whether it will be Restricted or Prohibited outright. Why, you ask?

When it comes to firearm classifications, the RCMP and the government have repeatedly demonstrated that they see no need to be bound by rulings that are legally justifiable, nor even rulings that confine themselves to common sense. What the overall length is will be irrelevant. Whether if takes five rounds or six will be irrelevant. Whether or not it is considered to be semiautomatic will be irrelevant.

I believe that there will only be one single factor that will be important to the RCMP when classifying the Six12.

It is DESIGNED to be mounted under an AR or other rifle. Period. That alone, and perhaps also the fact that it "looks scary" will most likely be the only things they will care about. I expect that it will be almost impossible to convince the powers that be as to ANY lawful or peaceable purpose for this firearm. Now sure, there may indeed be lawful or peaceable reasons to own one of these things, but it is highly unlikely that those reasons will be acknowledged, or at least not in any official capacity. It will be demonized as being something that is only useful if you want to make your firearm "more deadly", and like so many other "punish the innocent before they ever commit a crime" firearms laws in this country, it will therefore be labelled as something that only murderers, gang bangers and other criminals would want to own.

So with all that said, I believe that the very best we can hope for is a Restricted classification, with Prohibited being every bit as likely. That, at least, is what I predict will happen.

Any news??? !!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567