16" Kel-Tec Su16fx unregistered restricted rifles sold by P&D by mistake.

cerebral_bore

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've read some dealers have sold 16" Su16fx unregistered restricted rifles by mistake. I heard P&D also received, sold and shipped some of these rifles. Do you have any plan of action on how to deal with customers who have found themselves in this situation?

Have you contacted Vault distribution to get information?

Thanks

Last edited:
I've read some dealers have sold 16" Su16fx unregistered restricted rifles by mistake. I heard P&D also received, sold and shipped some of these rifles. Do you have any plan of action on how to deal with customers who have found themselves in this situation?

Thanks

The entire ownership group is in Las Vegas (following the Shot Show) waiting to return home on Sun. We will contact Vault when we return and have a definitive answer. Phil.

Thanks

Anyone who thinks they have one of these guns should contact us by phone or email and we will get back to you. Phil.

Wonder if there's a few eyebrows raised at the RCMP over this issue? If they weren't wise to what's up they'll be for sure now with the way this threads titled! Nothing like drawing a little heat...lol. Hope it all works out ok for anyone without a Restricted status or having to explain the issue when trying to get an ATT to return the rifles....

Wonder if there's a few eyebrows raised at the RCMP over this issue? If they weren't wise to what's up they'll be for sure now with the way this threads titled! Nothing like drawing a little heat...lol. Hope it all works out ok for anyone without a Restricted status or having to explain the issue when trying to get an ATT to return the rifles....

The rcmp is aware and we have a grace period where the att isnt required to bring it to the post office.

The rcmp is aware and we have a grace period where the att isnt required to bring it to the post office.

Glad to hear that! I would of been stressed if I was caught up in it. Have read horror stories of paperwork mistakes causing some major issues. Hope everything gets straightened out as I want one of these rifles!

I just hope they don't get re-classified as restricted when they come back with the proper barrel. That and hoping it only takes a few weeks to get the rifle back.

How on earth could restricted firearms go out to the dealers without some type of documentation stating they were restricted??????

How on earth could restricted firearms go out to the dealers without some type of documentation stating they were restricted??????

My guess is they werent measured by Kel-Tec, Customs, Vault or LGS to confirm compliance.

The fact they sold out so quick means most of them didn't leavd the box at the LGS, meaning less opportunity for someone to notice the barrel length.

Many screw ups needed to happen for this to play out.

My guess is they werent measured by Kel-Tec, Customs, Vault or LGS to confirm compliance.

The fact they sold out so quick means most of them didn't leavd the box at the LGS, meaning less opportunity for someone to notice the barrel length.

Many screw ups needed to happen for this to play out.

I love it!Laugh2

American or any other non Canadian manufacturer of firearms just builds and ships the guns to Canada under the requested specs. Sometimes they mess up at the factory or even substitute a part without realizing the problems that result in Canada. This happens far more often than most people realize as we (dealers and distributers) don't go out of our way to publicly give this info out as we are trying to fly under the radar as much as possible. Dianne and I just went for supper last night with the Australian distributer for Leupold, Savage, Glock, HS Precision, Ruger, ATK among others. He advised that their government inspects every single box of every firearm imported into the country before handing it off to them to confirm compliance with Australian law. This obviously adds to the time lag and expense of bringing guns into their country and then handed down to the consumer. We (Canada) seldom have our gun boxes opened by Canada customs or any other agency other that occasional spot inspections. Phil.

American or any other non Canadian manufacturer of firearms just builds and ships the guns to Canada under the requested specs. Sometimes they mess up at the factory or even substitute a part without realizing the problems that result in Canada. This happens far more often than most people realize as we (dealers and distributers) don't go out of our way to publicly give this info out as we are trying to fly under the radar as much as possible. Dianne and I just went for supper last night with the Australian distributer for Leupold, Savage, Glock, HS Precision, Ruger, ATK among others. He advised that their government inspects every single box of every firearm imported into the country before handing it off to them to confirm compliance with Australian law. This obviously adds to the time lag and expense of bringing guns into their country and then handed down to the consumer. We (Canada) seldom have our gun boxes opened by Canada customs or any other agency other that occasional spot inspections. Phil.

I learned something new today. Thanks Phil and Dianne.

Things happen. As long as it's a quick process to get this resolved and rifles back in consumers hands. I bought mine from them before they even unboxed them.

Did any of these rifles jump up and bite the owner while the rifle was unregistered?

Besides a massive, colossal headache for everyone involved, a gun control boner for some bureaucrat in a cubicle somewhere, a couple of grams of weight, and maybe 100 fps, IS ANYTHING ELSE REALLY DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS RIFLE?

These are all of my questions as of this time.

Any news on what's happening? Vault says I can do a full refund, or proper 18.5" rifles are coming, and can do an over the counter swap? Or send it back?

The info I got from my dealer was that I could return it to them for a full refund, or ship it to Vault for a barrel replacement (and they would pick up the shipping cost for that).

Did vault say how long that would take?

Most dealers are paying for shipping, and doing full refunds if the customer wants one.
Just waiting for a time frame of either new rifles coming in, or how long getting new 18.5 barrel out in would take. (Vault says they are being sent back to kel tec to be swapped out) Not interested in waiting months to get my rifle back.

I spoke with Vault today and they stated it about be 60 days. They'll also have to do some work on the receiver as the bolt is a bit tight and I can't pull the spring tube though the receiver.

I spoke with Vault today and they stated it about be 60 days. They'll also have to do some work on the receiver as the bolt is a bit tight and I can't pull the spring tube though the receiver.

yea, a friend of mine had the same issue with his. Bolt was very tight near the back end,when manually pulling it back.

Mine was smooth as butter.

Back
Top Bottom