Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Importing and classification of the Nemo Omen line of rifles.

CGN frequent flyer
    I agree, if that shotgun pictured above got deemed an AR variant, theres no way this rifle will. It may not BE an AR, but its very much patterned after one. The upper and lower don't have to fit with current .223 or 308 uppers and lowers, it just has to use a similar internal design. If its simply an AR action scaled up... its an AR. The RCMP isnt looking for reasons TO classify as non restricted... they are looking for reason NOT TO classify as non restricted. Sucks for sure, but there are .22's that don't even function the same way an AR does but were deemed AR variants simply due to how they looked.

Nice looking gun, hell of a price. AR-15 Inspired in design .. I have a hard time seeing how this would be classfied as NR unfortunately.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post

if that is an AR15, i have no doubt the Nemo is an AR15 in the eyes of the RCMP
    Exactly. Ar variant, at least in the eyes of the RCMP. Let's get together and try to change the laws.
    Red Dragons!

I guess it all depends on how it is marketed and advertised. If this manufacturer see some potential in Canadian market, maybe a local .ca website with a more politically correct marketing strategy may create a miracle...?

Definitely AR variant.
    93AAĜ1976

The British empire was an incredible achievement. It brought civilisation to the uncivilised.

Please and thank you for looking into this Irunguns! I will definitely take a nemo if they can come across the border as non-restricted, probably take one anyway if you could import some.

The Firearms Blog says that the manufactures (Nemo) designed the rifle from the magazine up, might be able to get away with it not being a variant based on that... Dunno the RCMP is pretty bad in regards to that stuff.

I'd rather be a peace maker than a peace keeper

i am interested as well, bump for the topic

Search
    Last edited by airjmc87; 10-04-2019 at 10:57 PM.

I looked up some pics, the bolt carrier somewhat resembles an AR15 but the bolt itself is quite different. I dig that it doesn't have a bagillion lugs. Would make cleaning mucho easy. I'd buy the heck out of that if it was NR. Restricted rifles really turn me off.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast