$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

Can we get it like this??

Of course the 'pew pew pew' setting would just be for looks.

Thank-you for the suggestion. Please see post #199.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:24 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1leggeddog View Post
    You know, at this point, i'm almost wondering if it would be possible to order the T97 with JUST the internals (aka, the barrel, trigger assembly, bolt) cheap, and then buy a drop-in kit composed of everything you guys are making.
    That would be sweet.

Second thing:
    How is the weight distribution compared to the original?
    One of the things that makes the Tavor such a great rifle is exactly that: the weight distribution. It holds nice and feels nice. But not every shooter is the same.

Same balance? Better balance?

Third:

Some like more weight up front for muzzle rifle, others like it in the back for recoil. Or you could just have longer/shorter arms.
    My point is, pushing the idea to the extreme: How about having slots in the chassis to add or remove weights that you could secure via some screws?
    For example, having a slot in the lower handguard, fed from the front of the rifle that you could insert a block of metal which could weight anything from a lbs ro pound that you secure inside with a screw.
    If you guys end up making a custom rear portion as well, you could have the same thing in the buttpad area, allowing you to balance the rifle as you want.

If its a stupid idea, well im full of coffee right now

Just tape some rocks to the gun to add weight...
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

I like the Obama lower with hope (safe) & change (fire) selector.
    http://www.slickguns.com/product/oba...ctor-lever-119

Thank-you for the suggestion. Please see post #199.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

I like this one
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:25 PM.

I think you guys should hook up bossh with a free lower considering all the work he has done lol

There are a lot of contributors here and certainly, if this small shop could afford to give them all away to each poster, you bet we would. The reality is, new platforms, new designs and ultimately new prototyping will depend on the support of everyone here. It is that simple, it is that complicated. :-)
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:28 PM.

I think we all know that these are the markings we need:

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    Yes!!!!!
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    I think we need one that says "kick ass" for fire and "chew bubblegum" for safe lol
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.

CGN Regular
    Looks awesome man

Quick question though, it looks like the part of the trigger guard that meets the handle extends a bit lower than the flat section of the handle and into the area where the middle finger would be. Would that rub against your finger at all? Would that be a pinch point for those of use with bigger hands?

Thank-you for this comment. What looks like a pinch point at the location you are referring to is 100% imperceptible. As a pre-caution, we have added a radius here to more precisely align the grip to trigger guard. This is a cosmetic change that should be done.

Thanks again for your guys' work, amazing thus far. I'm actually a big fan of the stock upper but will definitely be getting this lower! The second pick down of booshs' post (the one with the small forward grip) looks insane!

Also, could we order them with special laser writing other than the standard "safe" & "fire"?

Unfortunately, this will not be possible. We will cite the logistical difficulty for a small shop and the potential for liability.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:32 PM.

What do you think about having the trigger block device (TBD) flush with the side of the lower hand guard. Less likely to snag on something and provides stops for the selector.

Yes, the raised bosses were not present on the right side but they will be in place in a next iteration.

Last edited by M14.CA; 02-03-2014 at 05:34 PM.