$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

also while you're at it why not have barrel shroud attachment with a possible barrel shroud coming soon???? please....

Currently, there are no plans for a barrel shroud. Interesting idea, but our focus is on the LHG at this writing.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Looking for a Chiappa Triple Crown

Nice ideas and looking good.

1) Keep weight as well balanced as possible Check.
    2) I personally rather not have a serrated trigger pad, I'm liking the idea of a flat trigger, or subtle curve with wide trigger face Check.
    3) Mag release reward of the pistol grip, please make it so you can grip the mag to rip out or capture with non firing hand. Check.
    4) Good grip / traction with the recoil pad Check.
    5) Not so sure about polymer rail sections Also compatible with our Blackfeather RS aluminum rail sections.
    6) cost in the same ballpark as FTU, even with this it's turning the T97 into a pricey option, but still may be well worth it. Unknown at this writing.
    7) Something to fix the safety :D Check.

Looking forward to this!
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Travis Kay
    http://www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

Tagged!

CGN Regular
    Am I correct in assuming that by using this with a FTU it will eliminate any cutting of original parts? (Ie if I buy this and a FTU I will be able to change if I desire between stock type 97 and your upper/lower type 97)

The Flat Top Upper upper or FTU we make requires removal of the top sections of the front sight post stanchions. The Lower Hand Guard not require any modification to the rifle except a field strip. The original field strip will remain unchanged.

For the future Maybe a mag well that will except more AR type mags without modification?

We are unable to provide this alteration.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

I am so impressed by the quality of the FTU that I am going to order the lower as soon as it becomes available. Keep up the fantastic work Frank...you are an artist with aluminum

Thank-you, there is a team of 3 working on this project at this writing.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    .22LR, 9mm, .38SPL, .357MAG, .40S&W, 45acp, 5.56mm, .308Win, 12ga

T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

Rather than relocating/messing with the original safety, perhaps a second safety could be integrated near the trigger guard/grip. That & the new mag release position would leave little to complain about. A nicer ergo type grip or AR type grip compatibility would be nice too. ;-)

Yes, both of these requests are being addressed in the new lower.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

I like the fore-end, but what would be the possibility of adding to the lower a system for adding a bottom and two side rails if the user desires them? Just standard size threaded holes or something... Just a thought but would allow more modularity! Will be watching this to preorder a lower as well. Very happy with the upper!

The FTU provides 3, 12 and 9 o'clock mount locations on the fore arm. The LHG will provide the 6 o'clock.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:36 PM.

You are the only reason why I will be buying one of these,
    You didnt put lipstick on a pig,
    Or dress a #3 woman up as a 9,
    You sent her to fat camp, lady school, the playboy mansion for lessons, and put her in a free corvette.

Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:37 PM.

absolutly amazing ..now we can only buy the receiver and barrel and than build the rest

Excellent work!
    STONYMAN

‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’

— Unknown