$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

Quote Originally Posted by suberman View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that by using this with a FTU it will eliminate any cutting of original parts? (Ie if I buy this and a FTU I will be able to change if I desire between stock type 97 and your upper/lower type 97)

For the future Maybe a mag well that will except more AR type mags without modification?
    I don't think so, the cutting of the original parts is so that you can mount the FTU. The parts you will be cutting for the FTU are part of the rifle not the lower.

Yes, as mentioned, the LHG will not require rifle modification. It replaces the existing plastic hand guard with a simple field strip.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:38 PM.

I'd rather be a peace maker than a peace keeper

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suberman View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that by using this with a FTU it will eliminate any cutting of original parts? (Ie if I buy this and a FTU I will be able to change if I desire between stock type 97 and your upper/lower type 97)

For the future Maybe a mag well that will except more AR type mags without modification?
    The mag well is integrated into the receiver of the type 97. It can't be replaced, only cleaned and polished up to work better.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Looking forward to this Frank. I am sure this will be another well thought out and developed product like the FTU.
    Abid.

Roger that, thanks for your comment Abid. Good to hear from you.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Nice! Very excited frank!

The only things I'd like to for sure see is a mag release that you can grab while grabbing the mag and a provision for a magpul rail on the handguard

I think both these things have already been mentioned

Yes, they are on the current design objectives list. Note: this list will and can change over the course of this development process.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    "This life's HARD man, but it's HARDER if you're stupid! "

Personally I believe the biggest priorities should be keeping weight gain at an absolute minimum and either a second safety or a safety relocation.

We will relocate the safety into a similar SAFE / FIRE as an AR15.

>You just made a sale.
    Last edited by BigDerp; 01-20-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    CSSA Member

Looking good!
    Heres what I personally want in it, some of these ideas have been iterated before:
    1 I'm liking the idea of the option of having a flat trigger Check.
    2 mag release similar to the ones on the new keltec m43/rbd Our current plan is for two different types of magazine release.
    3 rail for bipod Check.
    4 2nd AR like safety, or if there's not enough room for one something like a SKS safety would be fine for me personally. Check.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Wouldn't it be exciting if this project eventually became a 100% Canadian-made bullpup?! I'd love to see another fully Canadian firearm someday. I'm not saying it'd happen any time soon, years from now, but it would be cool.
    -->edit ad -->go advanced -->prefix -->pls remove
    Putting "pls remove" or "spf" in your ad, but not in the title or prefix, wastes everyone else's time!

I would suggest that, with the addition of the FTU, the only problem with the T97 is the magazine release. Put all your resources in to fixing that. The safety is unimportant and the rest of the proposed changes are just gravy.

We will have two options.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufferto View Post
    The safety is unimportant

Speak for yourself.
    CSSA Member

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Can-down's Avatar
    I guess if a second safety that is ..... safe can be incorporated easily it would be good for race competitors.
    For non competitive use the safety at the back is not such a big deal.

Understood. The new safety will be part and parcel with the new trigger and it will ship with the LHG standard. There will also be a mounting location for a shell deflector for left handed shooters and for shooters who desire shoulder change ability (this item will be sold separately).
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:47 PM.