$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

I second the keltec m43/rbd magazine release idea!! the videos look awesome of it, as long as its not too easy to accidentally drop your mags...?
    Safety location is a secondary for me, the stock location does stink though.

We have a plan for two good magazine releases.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    "This life's HARD man, but it's HARDER if you're stupid! "

CGN Regular
    Dang it's good to see the T97NSR becomes more and more popular and people making more and more accessories for it

Can you please put those QD mounts on both sides of the pad to accommodate lefties?? Same for the LHG as well please.

The LHG will have a total of three QD points of attachment: one at 6 o'clock, one each on either side of the mid-section approx..
    And just a side note on the LHG can you make t possible to use AR style pistol grips both with or without the beaver tail.

Due to design constraints here, only the non-beavertail grip will be supported.
    ...as well as a AR type ambidextrous safety that holds out the trigger and or trigger bar.

We may not be able to incorporate a new safety. There is a liability issue here that needs legal clarification.This would allow the original safety as well as a secondary safety to be utilized. Thanks a ton the new FTU is amazing.

This is the comment I posted in the FTU thread and in bold is their reply. I do hope they can get clarification on the safety. As for me personally I would like to see the OVERALL cost of the Type 97 in the ballpark of $1500.00-1800.00. Personally any more and saving an extra 1000.00 for a tavor or a rfb becomes not so difficult. Also COMPLETLY ambidextrous. That being said after the LHG a shell deflector would be a nice addition (maybe built in cheek riser to :P). So price wise around FTU but then is the butt plate going to be included in the LHG or separate? Price on that needs to be taken into consideration.

Safety is a go. Completely ambidextrous, yes. Shell deflector, check, but sold separately: mount locations will be present on LHG. No cheek riser at this writing.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by promac View Post
    Rather than relocating/messing with the original safety, perhaps a second safety could be integrated near the trigger guard/grip. That & the new mag release position would leave little to complain about. A nicer ergo type grip or AR type grip compatibility would be nice too. ;-)
    I am in total agreement here. Why not just add a simple trigger bar to the system? Maybe just a 180 swing arm that is featured on the (automatic) SVT's? It is a simple swinging 'arm' that is 100% ambidextrous. I also favour a standard AR grip adapter too. Or the " Umbrella" style; due to proximity with longer magazines. A more, vertical, grip could be more advantageous than an angled model with longer magazines.

All comments here are accounted for in our original design considerations going forward.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:52 PM.

The gas key/ adjuster should also be addressed: I feel the modern Chinese "bullet trap" loop, is both easier and more efficient than the rear of a cartridge.

As opposed to the giant trigger guard, why not use a winter-style as featured on the SIG 550+ series. It is both lighter, and fulfills the same role.

The ATG or Angled Trigger Guard is a removable part. You can replace it with our oversized Winter trigger guard.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 10:54 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet onetwentyish's Avatar
    I like a lot of the suggestions thus far.

The only thing I have to add is if you could incorporate the ergonomics of the Tavor hand guard into your design. The Tavor's ergonomics when properly used as designed, make it very comfortable to hold at the ready and easy to steady while shooting.

We were positioning our modified T97NSR today: the rudimentary ergonomics are quite good but of course, they will be better and it seems you are commenting generally on the bullpup design here. With an aluminum lower, you will be able to: 1) choose your own AR15 grip 2) swap trigger guards from Angled Trigger Guard to Standard Trigger Guard and 3) enjoy the strength and longevity of alumimum over plastic.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    Best way to stop firearms from being "easily convertible to full-auto"?
    Require lab techs to wear velcro shoes and joggers.

CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I have to admit, I am partial to the type 95's mini/ integrated grip ahead of the trigger guard. I don't know how many would want that though. Prior to this project, I was tempted to steal the lower half of a air soft type 95 to acquire one...

We are replacing the fore grip with four replaceable Kydex panels with a P3 haircell finish. The haircell finish provides a good grip.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 11:15 PM.

I agree that a bottom rail at 6 o'clock is a good idea. Check. An angled foregrip like the pictures on your website would be nice or using a bipod. The Magpul AFG 2 is will fit. The Magpul AFG 1 will be too long.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 01:28 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    I have to admit, I am partial to the type 95's mini/ integrated grip ahead of the trigger guard. I don't know how many would want that though. Prior to this project, I was tempted to steal the lower half of a air soft type 95 to acquire one...
    With or without would be a good option. I like the pics without. Not sure I'd buy the piece with the trigger guard like a Tavor.

The ATG or Angled Trigger Guard you see is a removable part. It can be interchanged with a STG or Standard Trigger Guard. That is one of the benefits to an aluminum lower: parts interchange and versatility.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    With or without would be a good option. I like the pics without. Not sure I'd buy the piece with the trigger guard like a Tavor.
    Fair enough. I happen to bee reallyyyy partial to them. I guess, a clamp-on one would be easy to procure. It's the full handguard I can't stand.

We should also point out that you will be able to run the Angled Trigger Guard (ATG), the Standard Trigger Guard (STG) or no trigger guard at all if you desire. These parts will be removable.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-20-2014 at 11:17 PM.