$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet onetwentyish's Avatar
    If they are not it will be CanAms loss.

I do think the T97NSR is going to be one of the most customizable Non restricted black rifles in Canada. This company is taking this firearm to new heights and it is wicked cool.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    Suppressors. Silencers. Cans.
    Canada's Only Prohibited Health and Safety Device. Sign and share the petition.

soundmoderatorscanada.ca

Is this compatible with the original upper, without the FTU.

Yes.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-21-2014 at 12:48 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    I have to admit, I am partial to the type 95's mini/ integrated grip ahead of the trigger guard. I don't know how many would want that though. Prior to this project, I was tempted to steal the lower half of a air soft type 95 to acquire one...

We are replacing the fore grip with four replaceable Kydex panels with a P3 haircell finish (see post 63).
    I'm with you there. The integrated vertical grip of the qbz-95 is perfect. When using this rifle it just feels as though that is where your hand should be. I often find my hand going there naturally. Magpul afg's aren't angled enough, and a vertical grip is too, well, vertical. Tried them both.

This comment will be kept open. Note, that both the ATG and STG trigger guards are removable and there is a mount point remaining from the ATG that could be used to mount the accessory you write about.

The integrated grip/trigger guard, and a little bit of rail ahead of it for whatever tacticool goodies people want to hang down there, would be perfect.

The removable 6 o'clock rail will allow you to install a Magpul AFG 2, the Command Arms MGRIP, various vertical foregrips and generally, anything in the AR world. Removing it, the new, modified forearm contour will be unimpeded. The part you are referring too could be an aftermarket accessory attached to a picatinny rail.

Personally, I have no real use for any new mag release. I've just learned to change mags with my dominant hand and it works great. A bigger button would be ok. But that's not part of this project.

There will be two magazine releases, only one will ship with the new lower but both types do not rely on the LHG for function.

Can the lower be installed and used without using the new mag releases?

Yes.

Printed 01.22.2014 for further review.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Nice ideas and looking good.

1) Keep weight as well balanced as possible Check.
    2) I personally rather not have a serrated trigger pad, I'm liking the idea of a flat trigger, or subtle curve with wide trigger face Check.
    3) Mag release reward of the pistol grip, please make it so you can grip the mag to rip out or capture with non firing hand. Check.
    4) Good grip / traction with the recoil pad Check.
    5) Not so sure about polymer rail sections Also compatible with our Blackfeather RS aluminum rail sections.
    6) cost in the same ballpark as FTU, even with this it's turning the T97 into a pricey option, but still may be well worth it. Unknown at this writing.
    7) Something to fix the safety :D Check.

Looking forward to this!
    Completely sold on the FTU and whatever this lower turns into. You guys rock.
    Travis Kay
    http://www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

Just a thought, have you considered doing a Keymod forend? That seems to be the direction everyone is going these days. I happen to like the system, particularly as it's standardized and very lightweight. I foresee a lot more attachments designed for keymod rails coming out in the future, BCM just released a keymod version of their gunfighter foregrip for SHOT show.

Thank-you for this post. We will add Keymods. If you have a strategic location preference, please add to post.

As the LHG design stands I think they would work well at the 2 6 and 10 o'clock positions on the LHG, starting in front of the trigger guard to the end of the LHG.

As others suggested, it may not be a bad idea to extend the LHG farther forward as well to create a place for a "thumb over bore" competition style grip. My personal preference is for slim modular forends, they tend to allow a more secure grip and can be altered to suit with whatever foregrips or accessories fit the shooters hand well.

If it was my design I would slim the whole thing down, run Keymod rails at 3, 6, and 10 from the trigger guard to the end, add about 2-3" in front that would also extend over the top of the barrel in front of the FTU with a Keymod rail at 12 and possibly additional rails at 45 degree offsets. It seems to me that something like a Streamlight TLR1 would fit perfectly just in front of the FTU, allowing low-profile light/laser integration.

This will require further consideration. Thank-you again.

If I can throw in one final consideration, you mentioned you would be adding Kydex grip panels, perhaps it would be a good idea to have the area forward of the trigger mimic a tubular AR15 Keymod forend with the Kydex as either a single piece or a number of pieces that slide over the Keymod rails like rail covers. This way people can pimp out their LHGs however best fits them.

Good ideas. This post will be printed for discussion at our next meeting. Thank-you.

I'm really liking the direction this is going so far. It's great to see a manufacturer that's this responsive to their customers :D

Printed 01.22.2014 for further review.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

Not sure if I like the ATG in its current iteration, it's was to angular and doesn't have enough curves. I'm sure you guys will have it changed by the final product though!!

The ATG will be rounded at the bottom and will also be skeletonized, from a front view, it will look like an "I" beam with lightening holes throughout. This is our current plan.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.

I'd rather be a peace maker than a peace keeper

I'm so glad that we have such company like T97.ca...

The following faked photo is what I really want to be happened...
    1. Longer Forearm section

Due to design constraints, the LHG must align with the FTU at the front.

2. Round shaped removable trigger guard - can be made of spring steel strip and shaped to be glove-friendly

Comment noted. The STG will add a front flat to a rectangular type trigger guard that will act as a hold to help stabilize the rifle during recoil.

Please someone help me to remove two posts above... I inserted wrong image URL... sorry!!

Cheers,
    bossh
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Take my money

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but would it be possible to incorporate a bolt release? The FTU is great that it has a side charging handle but it is a bit slower than the original design since the FTU handle is locked in the forward position as to being retain at the back on the last shot. If a bolt release can be added similar to the tavor that would greatly improve speed and it is also easier for the operator. I'm not sure if it is possible but it seems like the mag release is what is retaining the bolt stop at the moment. So if you plan on modifying the mag release maybe consider adding a bolt release as well in your design review? I appreciate the work you guys are doing, can't wait to see the final product!

A bolt release incorporated into the magazine release will be considered at our next meeting. Thank-you.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet onetwentyish's Avatar
    ^this
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    Suppressors. Silencers. Cans.
    Canada's Only Prohibited Health and Safety Device. Sign and share the petition.

soundmoderatorscanada.ca