$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

Looks great. I'm very interested in more details re: the mag release(s)

Thank-you. We should have more images up over the next couple of days.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Love these threads. M14.ca rocks.
    CSSA Member

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Can-down's Avatar
    Thank-you for this rendered image! Note to reader: there are two removable trigger guards planned for the LHG. The first is what we call the Angled Trigger Guard (ATG). The second is more traditional and is named the Standard Trigger Guard (STG). The STG is planned to be over-sized for gloved fingers and rectangular in shape. With regret and thanks again to Bossh, it has however been decided that the STG will not have a rounded contour as shown in this render.
    The STG in rectangular shape with an angled front where it comes up to meet the LHG sounds good. The angle at the front can match the angle of the stepped cut for the hand guard panels.

Noted, thank-you.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-22-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M14.CA View Post
    10. The Lower will support the addition of a shell deflector (mount points are being added to the Lower for future consideration)
    This is the best news I have heard in a long time! Thanks for considering us oddball lefties.

Eventually, it will be 100% ambidextrous.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 01:10 PM.

5. The forearm to include two Kydex plates on either side which will offer the following benefits:
    A. haircell Kydex P3 for good grip texture
    B. forward grip comfort in Winter conditions
    C. the option to interchange the fore arm plates to various Kydex colors to match grips or FTU in FDE, OD Green, etc.. Following the new Keltec M43, we decided this would also leave open the possibility of adding wood furniture to the T97NSR Lower in the future
    D. lighterweight than the aluminum sectional it replaces
    E. a flat surface area without lightening holes
    F. an FN FAL fore arm look and feel

Thank-you for this rendered image! Note to reader: there are two removable trigger guards planned for the LHG. The first is what we call the Angled Trigger Guard (ATG). The second is more traditional and is named the Standard Trigger Guard (STG). The STG is planned to be over-sized for gloved fingers and rectangular in shape. With regret and thanks again to Bossh, it has however been decided that the STG will not have a rounded contour as shown in this render.
    Noted & Thank you for the information...

Cheers,
    bossh

BANNED
    I think it looks pretty sick with the ATG. When you point the Tavor, your hand just naturally gravitates to the angled grip. I appreciate you incorporating this into the design, it is something I found my self wishing the t97 had when I looked at the tavor. It looks like this one will point just as nice as a tavor now, very very very excited about the new lower, just waiting until I can throw money at it lol

CGN Regular
    Would it be possible to round off some of those sharp edges above and just behind the pistol grip? It looks like they would scrape up the hand pretty good.

Yes, a slightly rounded contour will be present on shipping LHGs.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Typos

OK then... If the STG must be rectangular in shape and a matching angle of the LHG... Can it be similar to the photo below?... BTW, the pistol grip fitment will be a standard AR spec. as mentioned earlier?

Bossh: You've raised the level of anticipation for members of our own shop, including myself. Thank-you, your render is accurate. We are currently using the Hogue AR15 rubber grip as a standard for the ATG which has been modified significantly. The STG or Standard Trigger Guard may look similar to the render however, to address Can-down's Post #67, we are investigating an extended STG.

Cheers,
    bossh
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Take my money now!!!!! Wow that is gorgeous!!
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Looking for a Chiappa Triple Crown

Will the magwell be redesigned to accept all STANAG type mags? As the current type 97 does not accept the PCV magazines or Pmags gen 3?

Unfortunately, no, we are unable to modify the receiver or barrel group. See the T97 thread here for clarification. Post 15.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 04:30 PM.

"Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."