$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Lower Hand Guard (LHG) | PART II

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    Bingo! That trigger guard looks awesome. The whole lower look rocks!!!

More to come here.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

BANNED
    I'd like to see a cheek piece replacement that gives a proper flattop. Would the barrel be too low in that configuration?

The FTU with most optics configurations should not require a cheek riser. The Bushnell TRS-25 set up very nicely. A Bushnell 1-4x scope set up very well with QD low rings.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 07:05 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Can-down's Avatar
    Bossh: You've raised the level of anticipation for members of our own shop, including myself. Thank-you, your render is accurate. We are currently using the Hogue AR15 rubber grip as a standard for the ATG which has been modified significantly. The STG or Standard Trigger Guard may look similar to the render however, to address Can-down's Post #67, we are investigating an extended STG.
    Thanks Bossh!

Frank, maybe a molded plastic grip could be made that would attach to the forward part of the trigger guard where it angles up to meet the forearm.

Yes, indeed. Edited post 78 to read the "...STG or Standard Trigger Guard may look similar to the render however, to address Can-down's Post #67, we are investigating an extended STG." (This would be a single piece aluminum part).

A couple( or even just one if the grip is keyed around the guard) of threaded holes in the guard to allow easy attachment of the angled fore grip.

Even just the way it is in Bossh's rendition looks like it would be comfortable to shoot with the front hand braced off the guard.

Agreed. We will extend the STG if it can be done cost effectively. More time required.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 09:13 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Agreed, this version of the trigger guard looks very nice.

You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

I have been monitor this and other development threads from you but I have say I am really impressed with your design and and not only that because you did take time to review each post and responded to almost every single individual's comment and I have to say I am speechless!

A big kudo to Frank and your team!

Keep up the exc. work!

Cheers

Cheers and thanks for this comment.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Business Member
    The ATG is setting up to be a very light weight part.

M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

The second rendition of the trigger guard that Bossh proposed looks really nice.

Out of curiosity, what will the mount points for the shell deflector be? You guys must have a specific design for a shell deflector if you decided to add the mounting points. Care to share?

We have no drawing at this writing for a shell deflector. The mount location on the LHG will simply ensure a mount point.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-23-2014 at 09:15 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Can-down's Avatar
    It's pretty nice that you guys are designing options! I guess that design will be specific to the hogue grip.
    Thanks.

Yes, the Hogue grip will be required for the ATG.

I'm for this one as well. Can't wait! These mods are making the T97 the new M305! Rock on!
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-24-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: editing out re-posted photos for streamlining discussion
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without Honor"

As for the Extended STG... I think there's an alternative way to do it with the existing STG, I guess...

What you guys think of it?...

Cheers,
    bossh

The existing STG with secondary extension adds a third variation to the modifiable trigger guard concept for the T97NSR LHG. It seems that this latest option fits right in the middle of our original plan: to offer an Angled Trigger Guard and a Standard Trigger Guard that is swappable. With the addition of the forward brace on the STG, this will give the end user 3 options from which to choose. Well done. This is taking the trigger guard concept to a whole new level.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-24-2014 at 02:35 PM.