CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2014: Tangent Theta Professional Marksman Series Rifle Scope

  1. #11
    Super GunNutz
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,418
    With the track record of the company (Premier Reticles) , along with the prices, I don't think that they have the proverbial 'snow ball's chance'...
    Kind of vindicates my choice of optics when I was torn between the Premier, and good old S & B.
    Knowing that your scope's manufacturer is going to be around longer than next week is certainly comforting when coughing up than kind of coin.
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

  2. #12
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_thunder View Post
    Scopes worth more than the rifle I would put it on!
    Yeah, Premier Reticles was a bit of the HK of the optics world. A few years back they caught a guy over on Sniper's Hide or somesuch giving discounts to people. When they heard about it they took away his dealership because selling the scopes for cheap "tarnished their reputation" or something.

    That said, cost and snobbery was the only complaints I had heard about them, supposidly they made some of the finest scopes around, built as solid as anyone could ask.

    I don't think they'll survive on the civilian market, in Nova Scotia no less, with those prices. Who knows though, maybe they'll get a military contract. With their cheapest MSRP of 3,697 even assuming they retail for $3,499 they are alienating tens of thousands, if not millions even in Canada.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

  3. #13
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Queen City
    Posts
    5,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    Yeah, Premier Reticles was a bit of the HK of the optics world. A few years back they caught a guy over on Sniper's Hide or somesuch giving discounts to people. When they heard about it they took away his dealership because selling the scopes for cheap "tarnished their reputation" or something.

    That said, cost and snobbery was the only complaints I had heard about them, supposidly they made some of the finest scopes around, built as solid as anyone could ask.

    I don't think they'll survive on the civilian market, in Nova Scotia no less, with those prices. Who knows though, maybe they'll get a military contract. With their cheapest MSRP of 3,697 even assuming they retail for $3,499 they are alienating tens of thousands, if not millions even in Canada.

    Your close, it was a "sting" of sorts with another dealer and Liberty Optics offering a price lower that MAP. PR scopes are in use with the Marines. I have 2, and I'm not worried about either one "failing" on me. Buy once, cry once LOL
    Certified Colt, Glock, S&W, SIG, REM Armourer
    When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.(Euripides)

  4. #14
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Your close, it was a "sting" of sorts with another dealer and Liberty Optics offering a price lower that MAP. PR scopes are in use with the Marines. I have 2, and I'm not worried about either one "failing" on me. Buy once, cry once LOL
    Do you know why PR went under? I don't think it was a voluntary thing, or they'd have been making announcements I would imagine.

    Still, I wonder if P&D might be able to score a demo model or two. I'd enjoy checking one out to see if it makes my eyes happier than my wallet.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

  5. #15
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Queen City
    Posts
    5,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    Do you know why PR went under? I don't think it was a voluntary thing, or they'd have been making announcements I would imagine.

    Still, I wonder if P&D might be able to score a demo model or two. I'd enjoy checking one out to see if it makes my eyes happier than my wallet.
    I don't know the exact reason however I think they just got "bought out" like most businesses, you "grow" the business and then sell it?. From what's been posted on the "HIde" ATI is standing behind the line and there should be no issues for repair/parts etc.
    Certified Colt, Glock, S&W, SIG, REM Armourer
    When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.(Euripides)

  6. #16
    Supporting Manufacturer rsp1761's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    We checked those out and they looked amazing...pricey but the quality is there and with Andy involved it will have the necessary support for the long term...
    PGW Defence Technologies Inc
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    www.pgwdti.com

  7. #17
    CGN frequent flyer Haagen_Dazs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    1,299
    Last year I purchased a 2009 model of the PR Heritage 5-25x56; this purchase was a long time coming as I had my heart set on owning one of the best optics money can buy. These scopes are in use by military (including Canadians) afterall. PR was always a small time manufacturer, it's a shame to hear they are no longer in bussiness.

    Anyway, it's funny this came up because just yesterday I was packing up my scope in the original box in preparation for a move (to Halifax) when I found the original instruction booklet with the brand name "Armament Technology" based on Robie St in Halifax! So I guess that little shop is now in full production of these models. Maybe I can offer a trade for my 2009 Heritage!
    “We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” -Charles Bukowski
    Donation to CPC: $100.19. Scrapping the registry: Priceless.

  8. #18
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    865
    I think some of you need to have a look at scope prices for some other offerings..

    S&B 3-20 $4000+
    S&B 3-27 $6000 - $7000
    Hensoldt 3.5-26 $7000

    ..what's the price of a new Leupold Mark8 in Canada?


    $4000 scopes, unfortunately, are not out of the ordinary.

    Never thought the NF Beast would be a bargain, with the 2nd Gen Vortex Razor looking like a 'steal'

  9. #19
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,988
    LOL I'm willing to bet that the Canadian MSRP will still be higher than the US MSRP even though they are made here now.

  10. #20
    BANNED 2bad4u2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    LOL I'm willing to bet that the Canadian MSRP will still be higher than the US MSRP even though they are made here now.
    They aren't made "here". The scopes are made to spec by an out sourced company to their specifications and then re-marketed through the Tangent Theta name brand.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •