Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2014: Tangent Theta Professional Marksman Series Rifle Scope

I know the saying if you have to ask you cant afford it BUT how much do these beauties cost

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd911 View Post
    I know the saying if you have to ask you cant afford it BUT how much do these beauties cost
    MSRP of $3,697 for their cheapest offering. According to people who have them they are top of the line, but when it's 36 hundred for your cheapest offering it's a bit of a jump from $300 Bushnells and $400 Leupolds.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    They aren't made "here". The scopes are made to spec by an out sourced company to their specifications and then re-marketed through the Tangent Theta name brand.
    From their website: http://www.tangenttheta.com/about-us
    Tangent Theta rifle telescopes are built in our own manufacturing facility in Halifax and are distributed internationally by Armament Technology Incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd911
    Probably missed the part in the OP that said
    The MSRP of the 3X-15X model is 3,697 USD, and the MSRP of the 5X-25X model is 4,250 USD.
    “We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” -Charles Bukowski
    Donation to CPC: $100.19. Scrapping the registry: Priceless.

i never understood tho, why are scopes that expensive?? I mean, 4K is the price of a complete high end AR-15. How hard can it be to manufacture a scope?

Quote Originally Posted by omegaboost View Post
    i never understood tho, why are scopes that expensive?? I mean, 4K is the price of a complete high end AR-15. How hard can it be to manufacture a scope?
    It's not very hard to manufacture a scope, but it's hard to precision grind the lenses so you don't get distortion or excessive loss of light. It's hard to calibrate the turrets so they are precise and reliable and repeatable, just imagine trying to do precision shooting if each click was 1"@100 meters +/- up to 0.75", you might turn it five clicks up and only get 8" of movement, but then you turn it 5 click to the right and get 9.50 inches of elevation. Then you try to take them back to zero and fond that you're still five inches low and two to the right. Or your scope gets bumped and it loses zero. Each thing can be done much cheaper, but doing them all at the same time is tricky.

However, it's not all uniform though, there are some $700 scopes that have just the same clarity of glass, or just the same adjustments, or just the same durability, but not all at the same time. For example, on the Leupold Redfield lineup of sights a reticle not plumb with the turrets is not considered a valid warranty claim unless it's past a certain amount. I forget the exact number, but it's enough that in some cases it is considered quite crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    It's not very hard to manufacture a scope, but it's hard to precision grind the lenses so you don't get distortion or excessive loss of light. It's hard to calibrate the turrets so they are precise and reliable and repeatable, just imagine trying to do precision shooting if each click was 1"@100 meters +/- up to 0.75", you might turn it five clicks up and only get 8" of movement, but then you turn it 5 click to the right and get 9.50 inches of elevation. Then you try to take them back to zero and fond that you're still five inches low and two to the right. Or your scope gets bumped and it loses zero. Each thing can be done much cheaper, but doing them all at the same time is tricky.

However, it's not all uniform though, there are some $700 scopes that have just the same clarity of glass, or just the same adjustments, or just the same durability, but not all at the same time. For example, on the Leupold Redfield lineup of sights a reticle not plumb with the turrets is not considered a valid warranty claim unless it's past a certain amount. I forget the exact number, but it's enough that in some cases it is considered quite crooked.
    thank you for the explanation sir!

If you charge enough, people will defend the price. It's the universal law of gullibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    LOL I'm willing to bet that the Canadian MSRP will still be higher than the US MSRP even though they are made here now.
    I understand our price will the same in CAD as in USD actually.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cocksure View Post
    If you charge enough, people will defend the price. It's the universal law of gullibility.
    I like this quote ... never heard it before , Im going to use it around my stock market buddies

Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    I understand our price will the same in CAD as in USD actually.
    Ohh, that is interesting indeed.

Now if only they would include a fresh live lobster with each order. You Easterners need to jump on that marketing scheme

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast