Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2014: Tangent Theta Professional Marksman Series Rifle Scope

Quote Originally Posted by pilot2001 View Post
    I like this quote ... never heard it before , Im going to use it around my stock market buddies
    If someone else has said it already it's by coincidence. It was the only way I could describe the prices above. Don't get me wrong, if someone buys this because they just want it, all the power to them. Personally I think it looks fantastic! Is it going to make me shoot better groups or make more cold bore first shots? Heavens no. Certainly not more than the $1500 of reloading gear, $1500 dollars worth of ammo, or 1000L of fuel to get me out shooting. Cool looking good quality sure, shoot better, doubtful.

The really unfortunate thing is that I'd like to support a Canadian manufacturer, but a can get rear ended for free in prison.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Price point on the 5-25x is really close to the S&B -> http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...L-reticle.aspx

Isn't it that they use the same glass supplier?
    CCFR MDRGC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cocksure View Post
    If you charge enough, people will defend the price. It's the universal law of gullibility.
    Doesn't seem to be working all that well for Huskemaw and King Optics. :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    They aren't made "here". The scopes are made to spec by an out sourced company to their specifications and then re-marketed through the Tangent Theta name brand.

I was gonna stay out of it but your statement is wrong.
    I was actually there a few times this year. Excellent product, a lot of work, design and testing went into it and they're all really great people.
    The company is here to stay. Andy and everyone involved is very dedicated to the sport and to making a fantastic product.

Hi All,

I have an HENSOLDT 6-24x72 with rings and shade. I got it from Hirsch Precision. Excellent scope - 3 500 CAN$. I am against price tag of 3 000 + for a scope but my question would be is it as reliable as a S & B or a N Force ? I have that Zombie scope on my AX-50.

So I agree that if the only price range is between 3 000 and 4 000 US$ it is not a winning bracket to reach a large population of prospective buyer.

I am ready and willing to pay some extra money to have a Canadian Company in the high end scope industry. If they rely only on a future military contract, be sure that S&B is not on the RFP (Request for proposal) list.

P Reticule is a superb scope line of product, I did try them a year ago.

My two cents advice, cut the price buy 1 500 US$ and you are going to have a killing field product.
    Claude NFA - NRA - FCSA
    Vide Aude Tace -
    Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is the ability to ACT properly in the face of fear.

You do not need to be over 50 to shoot the .50BMG. Try it

No way would I buy a $3600 scope from a company that has already tanked once.

I wish them luck though. (They'll need it!)

Huh. Well, if they've truly got the phenomenal quality to back up that price point, they ought to have a fighting chance up in the ultra-elite market.

I think their real odds for success will definitely hinge on getting a selection of optics out to the "regular Joe" market, as others have already mentioned.

And I really hope they do - it'd be a shame to see an actual Canadian based company enter the fray, only to place themselves above and beyond the means of 99.99% of the Canadian market!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just to clear up a bit more about anyone thinking or saying these are not made in Canada.

My shop is about 25minutes from their location and I personally made a fair bit of the tooling and fixtures used to assemble, handle, and do some of the in house manufacturing/machining/inspection procedures on these scopes, and a few other parts/prototypes I could help with. I can also say that there is absolutely nothing "easy" about making the parts in very high end scopes like these, pretty much all of it is very specialized and high accuracy is required.
    They have a great facility with specially designed assembly room, anti-static, dust free and all that, its a serious set up.

Also in regards to some other posts, I don't know the whole situation and its really not my business to stick my nose into, but although Premier had run into financial issues, I think these guys are not in that sort of situation.
    They've been able to set up everything and take the time to redesign, test, and do what is needed to make sure that the product released is not "rushed to market" before having everything the way it needs to be.
    Keep in mind ATI and Andy have been in this industry a long time and have a lot of experience and knowledge of the market and the competition.

I thought it was important to clear some of that up because I don't like seeing misinformation spread around, not sure where some of you guys come up with it but it really doesn't help any company trying to make a great product at a reasonable price.
    Btw, I think the listed prices so far are MSRP, we'll have to see what the market price actually is once dealers have them. I think it'll be reasonable, making things in Canada is not cheap and making a smaller quantity of a high end product always has higher manufacturing costs.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    No way would I buy a $3600 scope from a company that has already tanked once.

I wish them luck though. (They'll need it!)

Tangent Theta has never tanked. This is not simply Premier Reticles with a new name... for that matter these are not even Premier Heritage scopes.

TT was well on their way to designing/building their own line of scopes before even purchasing the assets of Premier, afterwhich they incorporated some of the Heritage features into their new scope. Even though there is a similar look, this is a new scope.. you can't swap out the Heritage turrets for TT turrets, etc..

Everyone wishes this was a $2000 - $2500 scope, but it's not.. they're going after the elite market (and probably mil contracts) and have every right to do so.

Business Member plainSight Solutions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Tangent Theta has never tanked. This is not simply Premier Reticles with a new name... for that matter these are not even Premier Heritage scopes.

TT was well on their way to designing/building their own line of scopes before even purchasing the assets of Premier, afterwhich they incorporated some of the Heritage features into their new scope. Even though there is a similar look, this is a new scope.. you can't swap out the Heritage turrets for TT turrets, etc..

Everyone wishes this was a $2000 - $2500 scope, but it's not.. they're going after the elite market (and probably mil contracts) and have every right to do so.
    Exactly. It seems as though people want an ultra-quality product (requiring significant R&D and premium materials), made at home (higher labour costs), at a price point that is unrealistic and not in-line with scopes in that class. Unfortunately, these scopes, like Hensoldt, Schmidt Bender or the Steiners are simply not aimed at the cost conscious

On a positive note, there has been no mention in this thread of the "M" line of Tangent Theta rifle scopes (the 3-15 version was on display at SHOT), aimed at satisfying a desire for a scope at a lower price point (similar to the Premier Light Tactical scopes). Hopefully a 5-25 version is also in the works.

Omer Hrbinic
    Tell: 1 (250) 747-1621
    Cell: 1 (250) 991-1406
    www.PrecisionOptics.net
    PrecisionOptics@hotmail.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast