Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2014: Tangent Theta Professional Marksman Series Rifle Scope

SHOT SHOW 2014: Tangent Theta Professional Marksman Series Rifle Scope

Other than its meaning in trigonometry, Tangent Theta represents the second firearms optic manufacturer in Canada, other than Raytheon/Elcan. The story is that Premier Reticle down in the US got into some financial trouble and had to close it doors. With the help of a Canadian ownership, the key personnel and the technology of Premier Reticle were transplanted to Nova Scotia. With a new facility in Nova Scotia, Tangent Theta begins to manufacture optics based on Premier Reticle's design with new improvements.

The first two models released by Tangent Theta are the Professional Marksman Series 3X-15X in 30mm tube and 5X-25X in 34mm tube. Both scopes are illuminated. The 5X-25X model also comes with tool-less re-zero turrets, where the marking turret can be loosened and tightened up by fingers to index to new zeroing position. Also, the elevation turrets of both models are double turn. The number of revolution made by the elevation turret is indicated by a tactile indicator in 5X-25X and a visual indicator in the 3X-15X.

The detailed spec could be easily found on their websites. Reticles in both Mrad and MoA are offered. The MSRP of the 3X-15X model is 3,697 USD, and the MSRP of the 5X-25X model is 4,250 USD.

Updates:

First Rotation

Second rotation indicator

Illumination dial has in-between OFF locations.

To set the zero stop:

Loosen the cap on the turret about 3 turns

Turn the turret. There won't be any clicks when the lock is disengaged.

Hold the turret and tighten the cap back down at the new location. Done!

On the light version:

First rotation on the elevation

Second rotation on the elevation

illumination control with in-between OFF settings

Right on the windage turret

Left on the windage turret

ARD for the light version also.
    Last edited by kombayotch; 01-24-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Interesting, I wonder how they compair to the S&B and Nightforces in the same range. Iv never heard of them before, but it seems like a lot of money to spend on a product from a company that ran in to financial problems and closed up shop. I wish them the best though as a Canadian company (now).

Pretty cool to see a company like this working out of NS and I'd love to support their business but one of their scopes would break the bank for me!

Andy Webber is well known in the optics industry. He was/or still is the Leitz Elcan distributor for North America as we ll as the now defunct Premier Reticles. If there's anyone who can design, have built, and market their own line of optics in Canada - it's Andy Webber.

This isn't "King Optics" we're talking about.

Having said that, the market for their current product is limited. Hopefully, once they get going they can produce scopes that will appeal to a larger audience.

At those prices they had better get a lower priced line going or they are going to be belly up in no time.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yep. Need an entry level line. But fantastic!

Scopes worth more than the rifle I would put it on!

I'm in a love hate situation , love the scope , hate the price ........ Beautiful design , nice job !

BANNED
    Are these really justifiable at $4200 ? With March , NF and S&B around .... not feeling this product

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Scope looks good and premier was well known. But at over 2K not a chance. Makes S&B look affordable and Night Force as the bargain. March, S&B etc are all known, have high resale value and it's expected they will be around for a while. I have to wonder about their business model. The scopes look nice but the price is extremely high. Sure they aren't based out of BC? It would explain the pricing.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast