Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SHOT Show Slide Fire BFR Belt Fed Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Weren't designed for full auto???
    I suspect he may refer to "heat". AR barrels typically are on the light side of the spectrum; sustaining automatic fire with this firearm won't last. At best you'll get to keep it running on bursts; in which case the belt increases ammo cap.

It's one of those things that's fun and cool to see people get creative in "making things work", but at the end of the day you have a civic with a fart can to make it sound like a muscle car. It won't perform the way you want a muscle car to perform and is really just a pony in a dress. Why not get the muscle car instead?

Cool idea, cool engineering, definitely fun idea; but impractical for true use. Military and Private Security forces are more likely to spend less money and have a weapons platform that's far more superior for the role that this tries to fill.

Also; will probably be prohibited import as its modifying a firearm; not a straight up factory build. I'm not sure what the regs are on belt fed in Canada with the whole mag cap either ((but I know there are some legal belt feds out there)).

Weren't designed for full auto???
    They were not designed for sustained full auto use.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    Also; will probably be prohibited import as its modifying a firearm; not a straight up factory build. I'm not sure what the regs are on belt fed in Canada with the whole mag cap either ((but I know there are some legal belt feds out there)).
    Modifying a gun isn't illegal. Bump fire stocks are. Belt feds are legal. If they are pre-1946 then they are unlimited.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Modifying a gun isn't illegal. Bump fire stocks are. Belt feds are legal. If they are pre-1946 then they are unlimited.
    Corrrect

Legal or not 6000$ to convert your AR in a 5 round belt fed system is retarded expensive

Anyone have a video of this from the SHOT Show range?

So these being post 1946 there would be a five round cap? Again why bother?

Also I thought modifying a semi-auto to increase its capacity was illegal. To my knowledge it was only rifles that were designed from the factory and could not be loaded with only five rounds that would be exempt from this rule (such as the M1 Garand).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep546 View Post
    They were not designed for sustained full auto use.
    Guys have been running double 100 round drums on them for years ... Besides , whats the difference if you pump 300 rounds through your gun one 30 round mag at a time or you just run belts through it ? Im sure its not idea but they are battle riffles ... I don't care if the upper is burnt out at the end ... They are still making more !

I wish that full auto wapons were legal.... How they can ban high capacity magazine but belt fed is not banned more than 5 rounds?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. Veni vidi vici. Alea jacta est. Molon labe. Vae victis. Deus velox nex. Amat victoria curam. SUNT LACRIMAE RERUM ET MENTEM MORTALIA TANGUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by pedja View Post
    I wish that full auto wapons were legal.... How they can ban high capacity magazine but belt fed is not banned more than 5 rounds?
    Pre 1946 have no limit
    This being post 96 would be limited to 5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast