Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SHOT Show Slide Fire BFR Belt Fed Rifle

2014 SHOT Show Slide Fire BFR Belt Fed Rifle

This was displayed at the Media Day event as well as the actual show.
    Unfortunately, it was not running properly at the range, so I was not able to fire it.

It is a conversion mechanism for a standard AR-15. It cannot truly be called a "drop-in" as there needs to be some machining done first to the lower.
    However, the unit can be instantly removed and then the gun can feed from a standard mag as normal.

As some specific machining needs to be done to the AR15 lower, the idea is to buy the entire package, gun and feed mechanism.
    IIRC (I didnt write it down...), the cost is around $6000. Bloody expensive at first glance, but WAY cheaper than a transferable Full Auto in the USA.

Of course, this is all academic in Canada as the SlideFire is already banned...

Anyway, here are the photos.

Last edited by tootall; 02-06-2014 at 09:03 AM.

So it's a Shrike upper that requires additional work in order to use it? Cutting edge there, Slidefire...

Neat idea. Not exactly a brilliant move to present it at SHOT and it doesn't work properly. You would think they would bring an extra just in case and make absolutely sure they both work.

Why is it banned here? Obviously slide fire stocks are illegal but why a belt feed system? There are plenty of NR belt feds in the country.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Why is it banned here? Obviously slide fire stocks are illegal but why a belt feed system? There are plenty of NR belt feds in the country.....
    Pre 1946 belts don't have a limit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanwar88 View Post
    Pre 1946 belts don't have a limit
    Pretty sure that's what he's getting at.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

I don't think AR15 barrels and gas systems were designed for this sort of use...

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Because the entire gun system incorporates the bumpfire stock.
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/06/2...elt-fed-rifle/
    Yes, I suppose you could special order a gun with the feed device but not the bumpfire stock. But as .223 came after 1945, the belts/links would be limited to 5 by legislation.

BANNED
    Dumb, for less than 6 g's you could get a real full auto M11 and it would appreciate in value.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep546 View Post
    I don't think AR15 barrels and gas systems were designed for this sort of use...
    Weren't designed for full auto???
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast