Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 SHOT SHOW: Double barreled guns. Really!

2014 SHOT SHOW: Double barreled guns. Really!

I dont make this up, I just report it...

Double barreled shotguns are commonplace, and while old English-style double barreled break action hunting rifles are horrendously expensive, they are well known.

However, these two unrelated designs are almost unheard of until now.

The first is the Gilboa Snake, from Israel. It is essentially two "Siamese twin" AR15/M16 rifles. The Gilboa series of rifles is made by Silver Shadow. Gilboa believes that firing two rounds simultaneously, rather than ~1/10th of a second apart, is the better way. This gun will be available in full auto to agencies, or semi for civilians. The FA version has a single trigger for both sides, while the civvy model will require a pair of triggers, one per side.
    It is chambered for 5.56x45. They insist it is not just an engineering exercise, but a real combat rifle. The Gilboa line also includes more traditional single barrel AR15/M16 rifles.

A completely unrelated "Siamese twin" pistol is the AF2011-A1 from Arsenal Firearms SRL, in Italy.
    Two 1911's side by side makes quite a handful. This first appeared as a bit of a gag, but is now in production.
    It is available in 45ACP of course, and .38 Super. 10mm will be available soon.
    It is imported by EAA in the USA, and Interammo in Canada. Price is about $4500.

Booth model Xanthine
    Last edited by tootall; 01-25-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Back in business! Pics reloaded

I have seen the pistols plenty before , never seen the black rifle though. One of those things I really have not much of a comment on.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Actually, the "Cornershot" seems to be more interesting. I thought this was only a joke until I saw the ad in the picture.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Interesting but not as impressive as the Szecsei-Fuchs double barrel bolt action rifle. Likely cheaper the the bolt action as well it's valued at 80,000.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    How exactly does one zero a double barrel rifle
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    How exactly does one zero a double barrel rifle
    Exactly what I was wondering, just thinking out loud but it seems to me.
    If the barrels are parallel then there will always be a blind spot between the shots and the windage will always be off and will get worse the longer the shot.
    If they are canted in slightly then the rifle is only accurate at one fixed range.
    Appears to me to be a pray and spray type firearm, or am I missing something?
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

One day someone will invent a rifle with multiple barrels around a rotating axis and that will be awesome!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hicaliber View Post
    Exactly what I was wondering, just thinking out loud but it seems to me.
    If the barrels are parallel then there will always be a blind spot between the shots and the windage will always be off and will get worse the longer the shot.
    If they are canted in slightly then the rifle is only accurate at one fixed range.
    Appears to me to be a pray and spray type firearm, or am I missing something?
    Seems to me that it might use the same technique as sighting with a side-mounted scope. Either pick a specific range at which the sights will align with the path of the bullet, and then figure out the necessary amount of compensation for other ranges. Or you could keep the sights parallel with the bores, so that each point of impact will be on either side of the point of aim.
    Not much different from pistols that are sighted for a 12 o'clock hold, just flipped horizontal.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was as easy as a 9 and 3 o'clock hold for each barrel.

Out to practical distances, it wouldn't cause much of an issue as long as you don't get your points of aim mixed up.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN frequent flyer
    Hmmm...

...Two rounds of 5.56×45mm weigh approx. 183grX2=366gr and one 7.62×51mm round weighs 393gr.

I would rather carry the .308 than twice as many rounds, mags, etc. not to mention the availability of custom parts.

Not practical, but I guess if you are a rich person that enjoys collecting novelties...

Well, kind of simple really, or extremely simple, the left barrel will be a half inch to the left, the right will be a half inch to the right. Considering red dots are 1 to 3 MOA, I dont think it would be that much of a problem. I dont think a half inch would mean "Spray and pay" All said and done, they just seem like novelty items to me, the rifle appears to feed from one mag, making me think its a single trigger, so pointless to be double barrel. And just as pointless to have two triggers like the handguns do lol.

IF I had so many guns and so much money and I already owned a Desert Eagle, I'd maybe buy one.

Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast