Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 SHOT SHOW: Sig Sauer SIG556xi

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    The idea behind "modular" is that you can buy one gun and a conversion kit.
    I know. I've watched the videos from sig 20 times now. But I have two hands

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    On a more serious note, as the US made Sig 550 is banned here, so expect this 550xi to be as well.

By name.
    But in the u.s most of the sig 550 including the sig 556 which this is based of and many other sig 550 variants are perfectly legal at the lowest levell of use in the u.s
    So we made the 550 and all its variants illegal in canada because the u.s made one 550 illegal?

An't we a different country? Sorry i forget sometimes. And if the answer is YES we are, and we are following their laws, then can we not follow the rest of the u.s gun laws?
    I mean we already have a natural right to defend ourselves (that means with anything that that someone could use to harm me with like current weapon tech) but it would be nice to have a 2nd amendment here.

Hell i'd be fine if canada become the u.s's 51st state and we adopted the best piece of paper ever evented aka the u.s constitution. (not that the u.s even follows it anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Morrison View Post
    Nice to see that Sig is trying to catch up to where Robinson arms was 7 years ago.
    Well said, Sig usa fails again

Ya Robarms needed the extra 7 years to work out the bugs.

Any word on this from RCMP?

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar
    Still no word from the RCMP?

This is absolutely ridiculous... This "prohib based on name because we don't like it and don't want anyone else to have it because we wanna be king sh!ts and rule the roost and paint the CPC into a politically compromising corner to get more money for ourselves by putting the Lieberals back in power and relive the glory days when we had 'carte blanche' and Joe Public still trusted us" classification process has to go.

The more arbitrary crap like this I see, the more pissed off I get and the more I wanna just say, "OK, lets get it over with. Put Junior in power, become a nanny-state, take away all our guns and be done with it." At least the rules and regs would be easier to follow. "All guns are dangerous. You might hurt yourself or someone else - that's the RCMP's job. Give us all your guns before you do something stupid and hurt a baby or a kitten or we'll throw your a$$ in jail."

That's the kind of regs a guy can at least follow. This whole idea that one gun is any more dangerous than other is so unbelievably far-fetched and crazy that I still struggle to comprehend how it actually became enshrined in law in this country.

Of course, as CLW.45 always reminds us, the laws and regs are designed to disarm us...period.

Sorry, I just Googled this fine firearm I was reading about, thinking about my next purchase and got this thread. Didn't mean to hijack it but it looks like it's been dead for a while anyway. Not a lot to discuss about a rifle that's been PROHIBITED BY NAME.

This is just me venting now... *deep breaths...deep breaths...*

Carry on.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but since the reclassification on the sig classic greens is this guy no longer prohib by a variant?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    tagged for interest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123