2014 SHOT SHOW: Sig Sauer SIG556xi

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
First off, these are a PROHIBITED variant in Canada.

The US made Sig Sauer SIG556 has been redesigned to be more modular.
"Modular" seems to be the theme this year, with many guns being advertised as having the ability to swap barrels, bolt heads, magazines and magwells, etc.
The 556xi starts with one upper receiver, then adds a lower that can accept either an AR15/M16 mag or an AK47 mag.
Then add the correct bolt and barrel, choose the handgaurd and stock and you have exactly the gun you want.

I personally like the idea of a gun "system" that can be changed around at will. I noticed that even bolt actions are now starting to use AR15 pistol grips and buttstocks. It makes sense, as there is so much to choose from, and it is all made to bolt on without any custom work.
Watch this trend grow.

Last edited:
I was in good shape last night. Too much traffic today, I guess.
Thats why I havent started my Girls And Guns thread yet. That one is always guaranteed to overload my account!

why are these prohibed and not restricted like most ar15 varients (this isn't even an ar15 variant is it?) I know logic isnt a "thing" in canadian gun laws, i still dont understand why ak47's are prohibited besides their the bad guy gun in hollywood.

I'm really started to dislike my country for its draconian laws.

Hideous. And if the promotional materials are any indication, complete lack of attention to detail.

However, why would they be prohibs?? Honest question, I am curious.

They're not variant of a prohib, as far as I can tell. Can't fit an AR, AK or any Sig lower that I know of in existence currently.

Damn those are hideous. Straight up fugly.

Hideous. And if the promotional materials are any indication, complete lack of attention to detail.

Are you guys familiar with the this new rule?

New CGN rule:
If you wish to call out any gun as ugly, you are required to post a clear photo of yourself.
This is so that we may show the photo of you to our guns, and have our guns rate you.

I am somewhere in between:
"Fark! I would rather be smelted down than let that neanderthal fondle me"
and
"OMG, he's so awesomely awesome, I'm getting warm all over"

However, why would they be prohibs?? Honest question, I am curious.

They're not variant of a prohib, as far as I can tell. Can't fit an AR, AK or any Sig lower that I know of in existence currently.

On a more serious note, :) as the US made Sig 550 is banned here, so expect this 550xi to be as well.

Guess this shows I'm just a youngin to ask this: are the SIG 550s on the prohib list by name, or by function?

By name.

Back
Top Bottom