Thread: The RAC - Now Available in Canada

Business Member

Cool The RAC - Now Available in Canada

The US RAC is an innovative firearms storage device. Although we can not use it as sole means of securing restricted firearms in Canada it can be used for storing non-restricters in convent locations like a bedroom closet. It is perfect for people with a small number of firearms that done wish to have a cabinet or safe.

It is much stronger than a trigger lock and provides the additional advantage of securing the firearm to the structure and if properly installed makes removal of the firearm difficult and time consuming, two things burglars don't like!

We have the 5" in stock and have matched the US MSRP of $99.95 plus shipping and tax.

http://selectshootingsupplies.com/products/the-rac-5

Here is the installation video:

I bought a few of these during the sale and have been using one of them to hold an SVT-40 and a mosin nagant in a X like position up on my wall.
    I have another one that i'd like to use to display an ar15, I looked at the law

DISPLAY OF RESTRICTED FIREARMS AND PROHIBITED FIREARMS

9. (1) An individual may display a restricted firearm or a prohibited firearm in a dwelling-house only if

(a) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is unloaded;

(b) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device;

(c) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is securely attached to a non-portable structure in such a manner that it cannot readily be removed;

(d) the restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is not displayed with and is not readily accessible to ammunition that can be discharged from it; and

(e) in the case of an automatic firearm that has a removable bolt or bolt-carrier, the bolt or bolt-carrier is removed and stored in a room that is different from the room in which the automatic firearm is displayed, that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.
    Seems like if you pulled the BCG you would be good to go?
    Your post advertised it for use with non-restricted guns but not restricted guns. I was curious if you had gotten a legal opinion in that regard?
    CTSC
    PEIRA
    IPSCNB

One with a combination lock would be a must have.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    One with a combination lock would be a must have.
    i would probably buy one or two if they were combo locks. I hate having keys. although i could just add the keys for this to my cabinet key rings that are combo locked so i dont have to carry them.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikkachu View Post
    I bought a few of these during the sale and have been using one of them to hold an SVT-40 and a mosin nagant in a X like position up on my wall.
    I have another one that i'd like to use to display an ar15, I looked at the law

Seems like if you pulled the BCG you would be good to go?
    Your post advertised it for use with non-restricted guns but not restricted guns. I was curious if you had gotten a legal opinion in that regard?
    Nope, did not seek legal advise, I agree with your conclusion just didn't want to start a debate over the law.