Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any photos of 6.5" 870 along side of the 8.5" 870?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar

Any photos of 6.5" 870 along side of the 8.5" 870?

I am planning to buy one of your short 870 shotguns and I cannot decide, I am leaning towards the 6.5" just to have the shortest overall length.

I have been searching for photos of both guns. I can find lots of photos but they typically don't say whether it is the 6.5" or the 8.5"

Do you have any photos of the two lengths side by side?

Any photos with the ghost ring sights?

Thanks

Geoffrey
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

The difference isn't that noticeable in the picture. The Ghost ring sites we would have to build 1 then take a picture of it we have a picture of just the sights they're a Trijicon Ghost ring site set for front and rear. We don't have 1 sitting at the shop to take a picture of them side by side as they keep going out the door faster then I get a chance to take a picture. The difference is 2 inches. The picture is the 8.5 inch version the 6.5 is 2 inchs shorter. You can also just buy the 8.5 or 6.5 barrel and switch them if you want as they just drop on so if you really want you can get both.

Best regards,
    Scott
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Thank you Scott, turn around time on one of these guns?

Overall length on the 6.5"? Weight?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Thank you Scott, turn around time on one of these guns?

Overall length on the 6.5"? Weight?
    The weight is almost the same between the 6.5 and 8.5 as the barrel doesn't take away much weight its almost the same between the 2. The turn around time would depend on if you wanted the Trijicon sights or not as that takes a little longer it's more work. Send us an email at J@dlaskarms.com as our gunsmiths who build them check that and they will have a better idea on what parts we have and how long it takes to build it. The turn around time can be same day to a few weeks it all depends on parts right now we have them all in stock we would just have to make a barrel for the trijicon sights if you wanted them.

Best regards,
    Scott
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

I have an 8.5 one. Great size and build. Runs 100%. I ordered it and had in in my hands in less than a week. The only thing I wish I would have done is had the ghost ring sights installed. I am probably going to ship it back to have them installed. I have bought a few things and Dlask is great to deal with.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have ordered two or three times from Dlask, got a custom barrel for my 10-22, they are great to deal with for sure!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    ..is 6.5 inch come in for 26in.+ (with certain fixed stocks only) or would an adjustable still make the requirement?

Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    ..is 6.5 inch come in for 26in.+ (with certain fixed stocks only) or would an adjustable still make the requirement?

Thnx
    It would depend on the stock but you can always pin it so it doesn't go below the length.

Best regards,
    Scott
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    You can also just buy the 8.5 or 6.5 barrel and switch them if you want as they just drop on so if you really want you can get both.
    Best regards,
    Scott
    That does not seem right. The collar is at the very end of my 8.5" barrel, don't you need a shorter mag tube for the 6.5"?

My advice to the OP is go for the 8.5" barrel. In my pic, with the stock at its shortest I am only just over 26" OAL. So if you go with a 6.5" you would need to pin the stock to a longer setting, so you might as well have the longer barrel. Also I can't imagine using a 6.5" barrel unless you are going to run some type of vertical fore grip - not much room for your hand on the 8.5", 2 less inches would be scary

Last edited by Tom E Gun; 01-30-2014 at 02:33 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Since the free advice is flying I'd go with a 12.5". You can run a stock fore end of your choice and put 4 in the tube.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast