Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5060626364656667686970717273747576777880 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you all but no new photos available just yet. I have a few details to tidy up before I can publish any more. What I can tell you is we are working on a five year contract where we will be talking the entire production from Bruno. We are not looking for pre-orders or deposits at this time as I made the commitment a year ago to go ahead with this project at “Full speed” and that is exactly what we are in the process of doing but as I suspected nothing is keeping to schedule.

The model is going to be simplified to CZ 958 not CZ 958 “Hunter” so the receivers for both the “Hunter” and “Tactical’ will be engraved the same. The Hunter and Tactical will differ in details only, barrel length will be the same on both.

We are exploring the possibility of increasing the barrel profile to the rear of the gas port slightly, this should enhance balance and accuracy. Also raising the stock angle a little, this will improve the cheek weld with the higher sight plain and reduce muzzle climb.

I am proposing to market the Hunter as having a fixed stock, plain barrel with slim brake, no iron sights and packaged with two short 5 rd mags. Furniture will be surplus to keep the initial cost down but wood upgrades will be offered as an extra. Any same plane BUIS could be mounted on the receiver, sold as an extra.

I am proposing to market the Tactical as having a folding stock will have fixed front sight on barrel and standard thread protector allowing the option of any aftermarket brake to be fitted. We are attempting to have a clamp on rear sight (Clamped to rear of receiver) which will give a 100 meter zero with the standard fixed front sight, this is proving to be a problem right now! Furniture will be surplus to keep the initial cost down but after market upgrades will be offered as an extra. The tactical will come with five 5/30 rd mags.

Barrels will be 18.6 inches, new and non chromed at this time. Standard CZ 858 mags will be used, Mag well should accept all aftermarket mags as well as the B&T mag well adapter.

More photos will follow ASAP. 
    Why no iron sights on the hunter?

Is it here yet?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Please excuse me if this has been asked and answered already, but would there be any chance at bringing in stripped receivers and/or parts? Having one of these receivers that make mounting optical sights much easier, I think it would be an interesting platform to try and re-chamber to something like 6.5 Grendel - can you say 800m VZ?

Also, I don't suppose any of you out there in CGN-land with access to 6.5grendel and VZ58 mags would try putting a few in to see how they feed?
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

I imagine because most will scope it and irons would get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bp2626 View Post
    Why no iron sights on the hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Please excuse me if this has been asked and answered already, but would there be any chance at bringing in stripped receivers and/or parts? Having one of these receivers that make mounting optical sights much easier, I think it would be an interesting platform to try and re-chamber to something like 6.5 Grendel - can you say 800m VZ?

Also, I don't suppose any of you out there in CGN-land with access to 6.5grendel and VZ58 mags would try putting a few in to see how they feed?
    To start with all production of receivers will be used for complete rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    To start with all production of receivers will be used for complete rifles.
    EVERY. SINGLE. TIME:

Just stahp. I can't take it anymore...

No but seriously, pics?

^ I feel your pain. every damn time haha

How long until you submit for a FRT#?
    Last edited by Innercity; 03-27-2014 at 11:28 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Hey look! There's some grass growing...
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    Theres some paint drying over there too...
    Triple bread rounds for the win